What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Bed mesh calibration - question

George Velkov

Hi,
I tried to check the printer bed and after the command - CALIBRATE,
I got this picture, but I don't know if it's good.
I am asking for your opinion and is there anything I should do
Thanks in advance George

Attachments

• BED CALIBRATE.jpg
    BED CALIBRATE.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 12
Here are my config sections (Trident 300x300)

[bed_mesh]
speed: 150
horizontal_move_z: 5
mesh_min: 30, 30
mesh_max: 270, 270
fade_start: 0.6
fade_end: 10.0
probe_count: 5, 5
algorithm: bicubic
zero_reference_position: 150,150

[gcode_macro PRINT_START]
gcode:
G28
Z_TILT_ADJUST
BED_MESH_CALIBRATE ALGORITHM=bicubic
G28

Hi majic79,
thanks for your comment.
Not working [gcode_macro PRINT_START]. Klipper throws an error:
Source contains parsing errors: '/home/pi/printer_data/config/printer.cfg'
[line 429]: 'G28\n'
[line 430]: 'Z_TILT_ADJUST\n'
[line 432]: 'G28\n'
Option 'bed_mesh_calibrate algorithm' is not valid in section 'gcode_macro print_start'
Error evaluating 'gcode_macro BED_MESH_CALIBRATE:gcode': jinja2.exceptions.UndefinedError: 'extras.gcode_macro.GetStatusWrapper object' has no attribute 'gcode_macro _USER_VARIABLE'

Have you edited the config file in Windows Notepad? The error message has these lines:
[line 429]: 'G28\n'
[line 430]: 'Z_TILT_ADJUST\n'
[line 432]: 'G28\n'
That "\n' is a carriage return, I suspect that might be what it is not happy about. Windows Notepad sticks in extra invisible codes for line feeds that Linux does not like.

The G28 is just a standard homing command and Z_TILT_ADJUST is a default built-in macro to level the bed.

For the left side, check your Y extrusion rails. If they are not as close to perfectly level with the rest of the frame you will see that angle. For the bow on the right I don't know.

For the left side, check your Y extrusion rails. If they are not as close to perfectly level with the rest of the frame you will see that angle. For the bow on the right I don't know.
You just helped me figure out that my build plate isn't twisted. I gained 0.5mm of "flatness" by measuring all 4 ends of the Y extrusions. The front left was 1mm low, causing the bed to appear twisted.