What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

clicks in the 2 left motors area

Hi, that video is locked behind requesting access.

Is this a new build or was running previously? I am pulling this from my butt, but - did you put panels with 3 mm foam on those? Else belts rub on plexi and Z motors get stuck.

Hi, that video is locked behind requesting access.

Is this a new build or was running previously? I am pulling this from my butt, but - did you put panels with 3 mm foam on those? Else belts rub on plexi and Z motors get stuck.
the assembly has been going on for more than six months. clicks appeared over time. and yesterday there were even more of them, from all sides. there is foam on the panels, yes

Any chance you can make and upload the video? Also is it coming from Z modules at the bottom, or somewhere around the gantry? Is it there when you move stuff by hand?

it looks like the clicks are coming from the gearbox area. I checked with a stethoscope and it looks like it's him. the clicks are louder if the straps are tightened more.

it all started with single clicks in the area of the left rear motor, a month later, when the belt is stretched above 90hz, clicks appear from all sides
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-ftY4QLceRABmvKsgWL9QWyBs0gHlWWU/view?usp=drivesdk
I can hear it ... I'd flip the printer and take a look on those gearboxes and inside. Whether grub screws haven't released, or even if there is no piece of filament which fell through the hole.

I can hear it ... I'd flip the printer and take a look on those gearboxes and inside. Whether grub screws haven't released, or even if there is no piece of filament which fell through the hole.
thank you very much for your advice. I checked all the gearboxes, blew and cleaned each bearing, washers and replaced the washers with smoother ones. the clicks have stopped. Looks like some trash got in there.