What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Do newer Keenovo heaters come with builtin thermal fuses?

I am not sure about this specific heater you bought, but the one I bought through Fermio has thermostat for 150 degrees. Heater will turn off when there is a thermal runaway for example from failed SSR. Now - that being said - please install a thermal fuse as well. Thermostat breaks the circuit when hot, but when the mat cools down, it will re-set and close the circuit again, repeating the cycle. Thermal fuse will blow and break the circuit until it's replaced.

I am not sure about this specific heater you bought, but the one I bought through Fermio has thermostat for 150 degrees. Heater will turn off when there is a thermal runaway for example from failed SSR. Now - that being said - please install a thermal fuse as well. Thermostat breaks the circuit when hot, but when the mat cools down, it will re-set and close the circuit again, repeating the cycle. Thermal fuse will blow and break the circuit until it's replaced.
I think I have the same heater as you then. Do you think a thermal fuse is necessary if the Fermio style heater has a thermostat installed already? If so, can you recommend a non-Ali thermal fuse, something from Mouser/Digikey/Arrow? I've looked before but haven't found anything that seems suitable.

I think I have the same heater as you then. Do you think a thermal fuse is necessary if the Fermio style heater has a thermostat installed already? If so, can you recommend a non-Ali thermal fuse, something from Mouser/Digikey/Arrow? I've looked before but haven't found anything that seems suitable.
Sadly, I don't, except local vendors selling VORON parts, they usually stock those. Ali seems to be one of the few sources for such fuses. Although I guess any thermals fuse capable of given voltages and Amps will work?