What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Fluidd/Mainsail versions invalid

triafgg@

Hi

My Fluidd and Mainsail versions are showing as invalid in Fluidd/Mainsail screens but in Kiauh they are at the correct levels, see screenshot. Trying to update gives a git upater error. I uninstalled in Kiauh and re-installed but it made no difference. Are the versions showing in Kiauh what is actually installed or are the Fluidd/Mainsail screens correct? Thanks in advance.
sw_levels.PNG

Hi everyone. Lots of views but no replies, is this maybe because I am doing something so stupid that doesn't warranty the time wasted replying or have I just been unlucky that no-one knows the answer. It's not an issue in that the machine is printing fine it's just my OCD likes to see all up to date. Cheers.

I think this was a problem when Github was down and your system couldn't retrieve the list of "valid" versions. Have you tried hitting the "Check for updates" button?

Also, do not worry, the forum isn't that frequented yet, so the replies might come in a bit slower :)

I think this was a problem when Github was down and your system couldn't retrieve the list of "valid" versions. Have you tried hitting the "Check for updates" button?

Also, do not worry, the forum isn't that frequented yet, so the replies might come in a bit slower :)
Thank you for your reply, unfortunately that did not work, still getting the git upater error. I will wait to see if anyone has any other ideas. It is all working fine as it is and with kiauh saying they are all up to date hopefully that is correct and it is just a GUI issue with Fluidd/Mainsail. Regards.

Try going into the folder where mainsail/fluidd is downloaded and doing a:
Code:
git status
It should tell you what is the problem. I am not sure how kiauh handles uninstalls, but uninstalling and installing mainsail/fluidd in kiauh could also fix it :)

Just a quick additional note... If you get an error like that, you can try the "recover" option. This will prompt you for hard or soft recovery. Soft, tries to only update the stuff that seems to be out of kilter and hard just reloads the whole software bundle from github.

Thanks for your replies. I tried uninstall/reinstall with kiauh but it stays the same, also when I click recover I don't get the hard/soft option it just goes to a box saying updating, but it never does and the error message 'Upater fluidd is not a Git Repo Type'. I think re-imaging the pi and re-install everything is the only option but not sure it's worth it if kiauh is reporting correctly and everything is printing fine.