What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Frame tolerance question

Sabatour

Printer Model
LDO Voron 2.4r2
Extruder Type
Other
Cooling Type
Other
Hey all, hope this is the right place for this question.
I have just started my first build - LDO 300x300
I am also a woodworker so I am used to making sure everything is square from the start.
The corner to corner distance on the top is dead on equal as is the bottom.
The front/back and sides are in question. Every frame one corner is 1/16 inch off and its identical on every frame around the cube.

I have quality combo squares and tape measures (not homedepot :) )

any help would be much appreciated
thanks in advance

Erik

Right on, thanks for the response.
I went back and tore it apart, took it to the wood shop and redid the build on a router table with a 4x8 sheet of MDF on top for flatness and busted out the Woodpecker squares and clamps.

Got it much closer, though there is still some variance but I cant image it getting much better.

Now I just get to continue to wait for the essential preprinted parts to be shipped :)

Ordered it all from West3d which has so far been a good experience.

anyway - thanks again!
Erik

Right on, thanks for the response.
I went back and tore it apart, took it to the wood shop and redid the build on a router table with a 4x8 sheet of MDF on top for flatness and busted out the Woodpecker squares and clamps.

Got it much closer, though there is still some variance but I cant image it getting much better.
It is square now, at room temperature. But when it heats up the aluminum that has steel guide rails attached will bow and pull the corners in. The other aluminum will get longer.

It is square now, at room temperature. But when it heats up the aluminum that has steel guide rails attached will bow and pull the corners in. The other aluminum will get longer.
Not the outer frame. The carriage will bow some as it gets heat soaked. No worries OP you should be good to go. If you see a problem, you can add backer rails.