What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Fysetc 0.2 R1 print failures - Under voltage / Reset

tx_wombat

Printer Model
FYSETC 0.2 Pro R1
FYSETC 0.2 R1 - going around and around with Tech support on this one.
Has the Catalyst board - prints complete about 1 out of 3 prints. I get various GSTAT errors from either the Extruder (00000001 reset) or X or Y Axis (undervoltage 00000004).

replaced the Catalyst board (not drives) and same issue continues.

X and Y currents are set to 0.9 and extruder at 0.60 (TMC 2209)

thoughts?

Meanwell LRS-150-24 - which I've swapped out as well - all connections good.
also dropped the run_currents even further with no luck.

Do you have a multimeter handy where you can take some measurements? If so, you can measure the output of your 24V supply to ensure that's working ok. If you have clips, you can attach your multimeter to your printer so you can see voltages when you are running.

Do you have anything powered by 5 volts? Maybe Neopixel LEDs? If so you could be pulling down the 5 volt rail, even if the Meawell power supply is still at 24 volts. As said already you really need to attach a voltmeter to the power and watch it.

The big loads on a printer are the bed and the hotend heaters. If both are on at a full 100% that adds up to 100 Watts, then if the motors all run and you are near the power supply's limit.

The Meanwell power supply has an adjustable output voltage. Maybe it is counterintuitive but setting the voltage DOWN can reduce the demand on the power supply as the heaters will then us less current. check that the power supply is not set to be over 24 volts. I think it better that it be set to 23 than to 25.

Do you have anything powered by 5 volts? Maybe Neopixel LEDs? If so you could be pulling down the 5 volt rail, even if the Meawell power supply is still at 24 volts. As said already you really need to attach a voltmeter to the power and watch it.

The big loads on a printer are the bed and the hotend heaters. If both are on at a full 100% that adds up to 100 Watts, then if the motors all run and you are near the power supply's limit.

The Meanwell power supply has an adjustable output voltage. Maybe it is counterintuitive but setting the voltage DOWN can reduce the demand on the power supply as the heaters will then us less current. check that the power supply is not set to be over 24 volts. I think it better that it be set to 23 than to 25.
I had prior - but have since removed the LED's and still having issues.
I've reduced he Run_Current on the drivers and it happens 30+ min into a print so nothing is running at 100%