What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Galileo2 Release

That's rather weird ... is your hotend cooling fan working properly? Whether it's not heat creep which softens filament in the heatbreak already.
Yep, both fans are working. The hotend fan in particular seems pretty good to me. The heatbreak fan I'm less sure since I don't feel much air coming out the sides of the SB. Went ahead and ordered a 7500 RPM fan to try. I haven't yet reached out to the supplier as I wanted to check more prints made with the other filament (they've printed fine). I'll reach out to them tomorrow as well as swap back to G2 to see if I have any issues with the current PLA I'm using that seems to be working well with CW2.

The other PLA I'm using I haven't used a ton on the Voron so I think I may have gotten unlucky that I happened to swap to G2 at about the same time I started using the new PLA.

Yeah seems all but confirmed. Swapped the G2 back in and using another filament brand I'm not having any problems. Parts are turning out GORGEOUS! CW2 was good before, sure, but G2 is just that much better. I'll need to sort out the issue with the other brand filament since I quite like it but at this point I have confidence it's not an issue with G2 itself. I'll need to figure that out as I was intended on replacing that brand with the current brand I'm using for a few colors but that's off topic from this thread.

I'm gonna claim success otherwise for the G2 as it's now working great and is producing some stunning prints.

Yeah seems all but confirmed. Swapped the G2 back in and using another filament brand I'm not having any problems. Parts are turning out GORGEOUS! CW2 was good before, sure, but G2 is just that much better. I'll need to sort out the issue with the other brand filament since I quite like it but at this point I have confidence it's not an issue with G2 itself. I'll need to figure that out as I was intended on replacing that brand with the current brand I'm using for a few colors but that's off topic from this thread.

I'm gonna claim success otherwise for the G2 as it's now working great and is producing some stunning prints.
Can you show some pictures from the G2 prints? i am curious

If you can ignore where the print stops (there were when I was struggling with HTPLA but didn't realize that was the issue) these actually show the different fairly well:

The AirGradient boxes I made have proven more subtle to photograph so I've been having trouble since I'm in between digital camera setups at the moment and don't have a way to do digital macro (I traded my D750 for a Hasselblad :p since I'm a film camera nut). Anyways, the VFAs are improved and the side walls appear more consistent are the two main things I've seen so far. You can see that in the above link fairly well.

I still have some ripple (not ghosting since it's all the way end to end) that I need to sort out but that's surely something else. Far better than my Prusa's though. I will say the Prusa's are absolute workhorses I rarely have to touch whereas I have to tinker with my Voron's more. But the tradeoff is much improved print quality by comparison.

Because of my HTPLA woes, I haven't put the G2 though all the paces yet, such as seeing how fast I might be able to print, and I haven't tried ABS or PETG yet. I also want to compare other colors than black. I need to print some parts with my fav color (Atomic's Starry Night) to see how they compare. Those will be apples to oranges though as the parts I've made with CW2 on those use a .6 nozzle and I'm switching back to a .4.

So a bit early to say though so far, I would say the G2 is a definite improvement. It's a simpler build, at least I found it was, than CW2 and it does show a nice quality bump. But it's a nice to have, not necessarily a need to have and does violate the whole "off the shelf parts" thing (which is why it's not an official Voron offering at present). I think it also might be just a tad heavier than CW2? I didn't weight them and I should have but G2 felt a bit heavier to me than my CW2 with the Moons motor.

If you can ignore where the print stops (there were when I was struggling with HTPLA but didn't realize that was the issue) these actually show the different fairly well:

The AirGradient boxes I made have proven more subtle to photograph so I've been having trouble since I'm in between digital camera setups at the moment and don't have a way to do digital macro (I traded my D750 for a Hasselblad :p since I'm a film camera nut). Anyways, the VFAs are improved and the side walls appear more consistent are the two main things I've seen so far. You can see that in the above link fairly well.

I still have some ripple (not ghosting since it's all the way end to end) that I need to sort out but that's surely something else. Far better than my Prusa's though. I will say the Prusa's are absolute workhorses I rarely have to touch whereas I have to tinker with my Voron's more. But the tradeoff is much improved print quality by comparison.

Because of my HTPLA woes, I haven't put the G2 though all the paces yet, such as seeing how fast I might be able to print, and I haven't tried ABS or PETG yet. I also want to compare other colors than black. I need to print some parts with my fav color (Atomic's Starry Night) to see how they compare. Those will be apples to oranges though as the parts I've made with CW2 on those use a .6 nozzle and I'm switching back to a .4.

So a bit early to say though so far, I would say the G2 is a definite improvement. It's a simpler build, at least I found it was, than CW2 and it does show a nice quality bump. But it's a nice to have, not necessarily a need to have and does violate the whole "off the shelf parts" thing (which is why it's not an official Voron offering at present). I think it also might be just a tad heavier than CW2? I didn't weight them and I should have but G2 felt a bit heavier to me than my CW2 with the Moons motor.
Hello, if I may, would it be possible to make a new thread for discussion about troubleshooting your extruder issues, rather than posting it here in Announcements? I think there is a better place for it for example here https://forum.vorondesign.com/forums/voron-extruders.16/ ;)

Hello, if I may, would it be possible to make a new thread for discussion about troubleshooting your extruder issues, rather than posting it here in Announcements? I think there is a better place for it for example here https://forum.vorondesign.com/forums/voron-extruders.16/ ;)
Hi Sanity! Sorry I already moved that convo over to the filament board. I was just responding about the request for photos showing the CW2 and G2 quality differences. The link I made previously are the only good photos I have of that at the moment, but they have the uhh unfortunate side effect of also showing my HTPLA struggles. Didn't mean to conflate the two, sorry! I was actually trying to keep those separate.

Unless I misread Dutchronnie's response. The request was for showing part quality differences between CW2 and G2 which I think would be of value for folks thinking about upgrading to G2. The ones I shared are just the only ones I have :/

Last edited:
hy all, where can I find the manual?
1697283091466.png

thanks

🤦‍♂️ Missed the Z drive part. I don't know where that one is--I haven't spent anytime looking as it's not relevant to my printers.

Hey everybody. Anyone know if the hartk v4 board works with Galileo 2 or whar toolhead baords do work?
If it's for Stealthbruner/Clockwork 2, then it will work. unless there are some deviations like with certain Aliexpress boards requiring different cable cover.

Good afternoon, very interested in this extruder, and kudos for all the hard work.

I'd like to give this a try but have a question about compatibility. Is there any chance this is compatible with the BTT SB2240 board?

Thanks

Good afternoon, very interested in this extruder, and kudos for all the hard work.

I'd like to give this a try but have a question about compatibility. Is there any chance this is compatible with the BTT SB2240 board?

Thanks
Using my G2 extruder with the SB2209, so the 2240 shouldn't be a problem.

FYI the Galileo2's drag chain mount has significantly wider offset compared to stock CW2; for people running Switchwire you'll lose approximately 20-25mm of travel as a result.

So I believe it's still a public beta, So what I'm wondering is if I order one of the LDO kits, is one of the components in the kit itself likely to change (like maybe a different bearing/motor/etc or something). Or is the only thing likely to change from beta to release is the printed parts?

I want to try it, but if I need to source something non-printable afterward to update from the beta to the release version instead of just printing something, I feel like I might just wait for that.

No, those stay. Injection molded parts are already shipping, so the kit is considered final. Printed parts may change, in fact there are few minor tweaks already being worked on.