What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Galileo2 Release

FYI the Galileo2's drag chain mount has significantly wider offset compared to stock CW2; for people running Switchwire you'll lose approximately 20-25mm of travel as a result.
Still new to this, but what do you mean? Will I lose 20-25mm of build volume in one direction? (x or y) Or will the drag chain now be 20-25mm too short? I was looking at the Galileo2 for a new Switchwire build.

Also waiting for a G2E kit. I found a couple sites claiming "Late November" - it's the 27th...

Is there a preferred toolhead PCB that will work with the Galileo?

Last edited:
The Galileo 2 Z drive manual seems to be missing pages. Page 18 to 19 seems to be missing the part to add the motor to the ring gear. Assumingly there should also be the wearing when putting on the motor to make sure it's not to tight like the Galileo Extruder manual. Also a washer

Last edited:
Hi to everyone. Say, please, where I can find pcb cap with holes for 5v fan for G2E? My CW cap with fan doesn't fit to Galileo 2...

I recently upgraded my clockwork 2 of my Voron 2.4 300mm to the Galileo 2. The clockwork 2 was capable of consistent extrusion BUT was fiddly and if I used the filament latch to load and unload filament, the anti-squish screw would go out of adjustment. I'm getting much more consistent extrusion with the new extruder. The only downside is that the extruder motor contacts the cable chain reducing my Y axis travel by 15mm or so. Looks like I'll need to upgrade to a CAN toolhead to fix this.
extruder.png

Looking at a mjor update to my V2.4 R1. I would like to switch to umbilical and am considering the new Nitehawk system but wondering if it will support extruders like the G2?
I'm thinking G2 + Stealthburner + Dragon Hotend + Nitehawk. Of course I will have to switch to a MGN12H too I expect and may as well go to TAP too, but I fear there may be some incompatability of all the parts?

I'm doing a similar upgrade. Just picked up the LDO Leviathan controller and an EBB SB2209 toolhead board. The Leviathan has built in USB to CAN bridge and a spot to mount the PI. Took me a while to get everything flashed and configured on the bench but it's all working now. Looking forward to getting rid of the XY cable chains.
1706072456786.png

Bonjour à tous. J'ai mis en oeuvre le G2E pour chacune de mes 2 V2.4 300 et j'ai pensé ajouter un retour sur mon expérience d'utilisateur:
Pros: La mise en marche initiale s'est faite sans problème significatif ni ajustements compliqués.
Les kits Triangle Lab étaient bien montés avec des pièces de bonne qualité.
La performance est au rendez-vous. L'extrusion est uniforme.
La prise sur le filament est vraiment bonne.
Cons: Plus difficile à nettoyer. Il faut démonter l'extrudeur.
Pour relâcher la pression sur le filament le levier nous force à appliquer une tension sur la tête d'outil et le portique au complet.
C'est bien d'avoir confié à LDO le mandat de monter ce kit mais est-ce qu'on devra se fier uniquement à eux pour l'approvisionnement? Je pense à l'engrenage moteur à 9 dents qu'on ne peux trouver ailleurs.
Edit: Cette pièce est très fragile : [a]_front_bearing_holder.stl
Conclusion: C'est vraiment un plus et je le recommande.

Hi all. I implemented the G2E for each of my 2 V2.4 300s and thought I'd add some feedback on my user experience:
Pros: The initial start-up was done without any significant issues or complicated adjustments.
The Triangle Lab kits were well assembled with good quality parts.
The performance is there. The extrusion is uniform.
The grip on the filament is really good.
Cons: Harder to clean. The extruder must be disassembled.
To release the pressure on the filament, the lever forces us to apply tension to the tool head and the entire gantry.
It's good to have entrusted LDO with the mandate to assemble this kit, but will we have to rely solely on them for supply? I'm thinking of the 9-tooth motor gear that can't be found anywhere else.
Edit: This part is very fragile: [a]_front_bearing_holder.stl
Conclusion: This is really a plus and I recommend it.

Last edited:
One note of feedback for my second Galileo 2 built, the LDO Toolhead that comes with the Rev C Trident kit (https://docs.ldomotors.com/en/voron/voron-trident/wiring_guide_rev_a) "fits" if just. The extruder headers run into the cable chain tailboard. Not super jazzed the wires end up touching the motor either but that's more due to the LDO design there. I had to remove one screw from the fan board and try to bundle the wires with electrical tape to try and avoid them from being pinched since screwing the board down fully made it difficult to mate with the toolhead board.

This may speak more to the LDO boards than G2 but since it's based on the common Hartk setup I thought I'd mention it. Curious how the Nitehawk might go. I have the BTT umbilical kit to try as well, though that's slated for my Voron 2.4 (it also has a G2) so no feedback on its fit yet.

On the pro the door closes nice and easy! On my V2.4, which uses the older LDO toolhead board, I ended up just removing the side door as I coudln't get the cables squished down enough (without worrying about kinks or cuts) so just removed it. That doesn't seem like that will be a problem with the Rev C version.

Just built my first one and it's worked out great so far. I'll have to do a recalibration for my 0.25mm nozzle, but the 0.6 ran fine on the CW2 calibration. The only comment I have on the physical parts is the cable chain mount is just a bit longer than the CW2, so connecting the wire harness to the 2-piece PCB is a bit tight; I'll have to loosen parts all the way down the run to shift it a couple mm.

Looking at a mjor update to my V2.4 R1. I would like to switch to umbilical and am considering the new Nitehawk system but wondering if it will support extruders like the G2?
I'm thinking G2 + Stealthburner + Dragon Hotend + Nitehawk. Of course I will have to switch to a MGN12H too I expect and may as well go to TAP too, but I fear there may be some incompatability of all the parts?
I think when you are transitioning from AB to SB you are moving to the native toolhead for which the G2 and Nitehawk were designed on. You should have no serious issues. I have an LDO Trident rev. C in transit configured by the good folks at West3D with printed parts for an inverted electronics bay, G2 extruder and Nitehawk toolboard. W3D says it will be fine and by all accounts W3D seems to know what they are doing.

Last edited:
One note of feedback for my second Galileo 2 built, the LDO Toolhead that comes with the Rev C Trident kit (https://docs.ldomotors.com/en/voron/voron-trident/wiring_guide_rev_a) "fits" if just. The extruder headers run into the cable chain tailboard. Not super jazzed the wires end up touching the motor either but that's more due to the LDO design there. I had to remove one screw from the fan board and try to bundle the wires with electrical tape to try and avoid them from being pinched since screwing the board down fully made it difficult to mate with the toolhead board.

This may speak more to the LDO boards than G2 but since it's based on the common Hartk setup I thought I'd mention it. Curious how the Nitehawk might go. I have the BTT umbilical kit to try as well, though that's slated for my Voron 2.4 (it also has a G2) so no feedback on its fit yet.

On the pro the door closes nice and easy! On my V2.4, which uses the older LDO toolhead board, I ended up just removing the side door as I coudln't get the cables squished down enough (without worrying about kinks or cuts) so just removed it. That doesn't seem like that will be a problem with the Rev C version.
Did you print the replacement parts that are part of the G2?

First post...
I have a Trident with the Galileo2 + Tap + Nitehawk, it all fits perfectly.
I really like the robust build of the Galileo2, it is very well designed.
The only thing which is a bit less compared to the CW2 is how to take the pressure off the filament, as mentioned earlier here, it takes a lot of force.

Galileo2+Nitehawk_2.jpg
Galileo2+Nitehawk_1.jpg

Only thing i modified was the thermistor holder on the door.

Last edited:
I think I just read the answer I needed, but can others confirm... The Voron Tap docs suggest the need to print a different part for Galileo... But I'm gathering from the posts here that the Galileo 2 design eliminated that need and is compatible with Stealthburner and Tap, as-is. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance.

I just printed the SB version of Galileo2 and plugged it right on to my Tap-equipped tool head with no real issues. The only thing is the cable chain mount moves a bit and can make the final wire harness reach a bit tight.