What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Greetings y'all!

jluvs2ride

Looking for a second 3d printer and I believe I've settled on the Voron 2.4. Wondering where to get a kit to get started.
I currently have a PRUSA MK3S and am very satisfied with it.

There are tons of kits out there. I think the LDO is probably the best, but you can also find them from Formbot and a few others. Depends on your location.
Search LDO Docs and you will find a Global vendor list.

There are tons of kits out there. I think the LDO is probably the best, but you can also find them from Formbot and a few others. Depends on your location.
Search LDO Docs and you will find a Global vendor list.
Thanks for your response! I settled on voronkits.com and ordered 2.4 R2 kit with the Mosquito Magnum hot end.

Can't wait to get started!

Thanks for your response! I settled on voronkits.com and ordered 2.4 R2 kit with the Mosquito Magnum hot end.

Can't wait to get started!
Hi, welcome!

Please be aware Mosquito is not officially supported with Stealthburner tooolhead. You will have to reach for some mod you find in usual locations (Thingiverse, Printables, ...) or use older Afterburner, or different toolhead completely.

Hi, welcome!

Please be aware Mosquito is not officially supported with Stealthburner tooolhead. You will have to reach for some mod you find in usual locations (Thingiverse, Printables, ...) or use older Afterburner, or different toolhead completely.
I wasn't aware. I have Slice parts on my MK3s hot end and I think they are superior quality. The Mosquito Magnum was offered as an accessory.

I called the company and left a message. I was surprised when the owner called back. He was really helpful and answered all my questions, and expedited my order to boot.

Great experience so far.

Word of caution. If you plan on printing ABS parts with your MK3, you'll likely need an enclosure and, by doing so, may end up melting some of your PETG printer parts. Have some spares! Or ideally consider re-printing your MK3 parts in ABS. Otherwise consider the Print It Forward program. Especially for a 2.4 there's _lots_ of 3D printed parts. I built a Voron V0, in part, so I had something I could use to print the 2.4 parts :p

Agree with @m00dawg It's not hard to print ABS or ASA on Prusa printers, you just need to prioritize printing some parts of those printers first: for MK3 it's Extruder Body with PINDA holder, fan ducts, and cover for bed connectors. But when you change extruder body, you will disassemble whole toolhead - and at that point just reprint all toolhead parts from ABS/ASA and rebuild whole toolhead. Y axis is prone to crashes when printer is enclosed, re-lube your bearings as they run dry faster. Slap heatsinks and fan on TMC drivers to avoid skipped steps from overheating, and if possible, move PSU out of enclosure or actively cool it. Over time you will find the printer is getting noisier and some screws will need re-tightening. But it should last you long enough to print all VORON parts even for 2.4.

If you happen to have Prusa MINI, IMO that little thing is more suitable for printing ABS, it's more resilient towards higher temps. You need to print is X carriage (reprint with some better cooling mod) and MINDA holder.

Word of caution. If you plan on printing ABS parts with your MK3, you'll likely need an enclosure and, by doing so, may end up melting some of your PETG printer parts. Have some spares! Or ideally consider re-printing your MK3 parts in ABS. Otherwise consider the Print It Forward program. Especially for a 2.4 there's _lots_ of 3D printed parts. I built a Voron V0, in part, so I had something I could use to print the 2.4 parts :p
For high temperature I mostly print ASA. But I am looking into a makeshift enclosure.