What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Help with pid tuning on bambu lab hotend

niko469a

Hello smart people. I'm building a Voron v0.1/v0.2 (v0.2 prints with v0.1 parts and some extra) it has been great and lots of fun. even before ordering the kit, I wanted a Bambulab x1c hotend clone. the reason for a clone was the high-flow nozzle. But I started with a v6 clone, which was bad and even then it didn't wanna pid calibrate very well, but after lots of playing around, I got it to work somewhat.

Anyway i got my x1c hotend, installed it and it seems to be working great, heats up stupendously fast, and feeds filament, but I for the life of me can't get the pid values right. i have done teens of tunings and it won't stabilise. from what I can read it's not only me that's having the problem. the thermistor is close to the heater and some other things. I have tried less thermal paste and more thermal paste. autotuning, manual tuning. it will hover around 219-223 ish when set to 220, the main problem is a print wont start because of it.

Does anyone have some ideas, or do someone have some pid values I can try? Any help would be greatly appreciated. (i have linked the log files below)

Attachments

• klippy.log
    163.5 KB · Views: 0
It's a clone which means it will most likely be the cheapest possible parts. Maybe buy a real X1C hotend or at the least the heater and thermistor and put them on your clone.