What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question Horizontal bulge lines

FriedPCB

Printer Model
Voron 2.4
Extruder Type
Galileo
Cooling Type
AB-BN
I need some advise. Does anyone have any idea why I am getting these bulge lines. I took apart, cleaned and rebuilt the extruder.
I checked the belt tensions. The XY belts were loose so i tightened them up. I still get the lines.
I printed two separate items to check if the lines are at the same height. I'm looking for any other suggestions. Thanks.IMG_3907.jpg

What slicer are you using?
Have you tried a different Slicer?

Try printing external perimeters first. This is pulled from Ellis tuning.
  • Printing :pushpin: External Perimeters First can help a lot with this particular type of bulging.
  • Disable any “extra perimeters” and “supporting dense layer” settings (PS/SS)
  • Reduce perimeter accelerations.

What slicer are you using?
Have you tried a different Slicer?

Try printing external perimeters first. This is pulled from Ellis tuning.
  • Printing :pushpin: External Perimeters First can help a lot with this particular type of bulging.
  • Disable any “extra perimeters” and “supporting dense layer” settings (PS/SS)
  • Reduce perimeter accelerations.
I'm using PrusaSlicer. I haven't tried using another slicer. Is it possible that this could be some sort of Z-banding? FYI - the bulge appears on both sides of the wall. Thanks. I will try your suggestions.

@FriedPCB, Did you ever solve this one? I also have those lines.

In my case it exists using different filament material, different brands and different slicers.

I have also manually gone through the gcode for the layers and there is no difference other than the height. I even thought it might be something with the CW2 and replaced the set of stuff including the stepper.

I'm kinda stumped.