What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Solved How to setup Multi-Filament printing on a single extruder without ERCF?

Thanks!
So this would be used to manually pause, rather than the slicer telling the printer what to do in gcode?
[pause_resume] # not sure what this does here

Code:
[gcode_macro M600]
gcode:
    {% set X = params.X|default(50)|float %}   # move x to position 50?
    {% set Y = params.Y|default(0)|float %}     # move y to position 0?
    {% set Z = params.Z|default(10)|float %}  # mvoe z to position 10?
    SAVE_GCODE_STATE NAME=M600_state   # save the state of the print?
    PAUSE
    G91                                  #set coordinates to relative
    G1 E-.8 F2700                 # retract -.8 mm
    G1 Z{Z}                            # move to the defined z pos
    G90                                  # set coordinates to absolute
    G1 X{X} Y{Y} F3000        # move x/y to defined pos' @ 3000m/s
    G91                                  # set coordinates to relative
    G1 E-125 F1000             # retract -125mm 
    RESTORE_GCODE_STATE NAME=M600_state        #resume the print

Last edited:
Yeah so enable that macro and when you use it it will ask where you want the print heard to move for the pause. Select 0,0 for X,Y and it will move to the front left corner. This will allow you to make the change, push some filament through the nozzle by manual purge, clip off any extra on the tip and just type in the console "resume" and it will go back to last printed coordinates.

Tip: as you approach the area you want the print to stop, you can slow down the speed slider to get a more accurate position.

Pretty nifty. At some point, I'd like to be able to do it in my slicer, but I'm probably going to need a ton of documentation to trust what I'm doing. Saw a youtube video, and it didn't look very hard, but I'd like to see a bit more details on that.

Yeah you can do that too, it probably is easier to in most cases. I can try and get some screen shots and directions how to do it in SS later when I am on my home computer.

Yeah, you have to add it to your macos config. You should get a macro button to use the command and specify the coordinates.

Attachments

• IMG_2667 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2667 (Small).JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 10
Ok so this time I used the version that I commented (mind you, this is with the M600 command inserted by SS).
I get the following while the toolhead moves to the rear-right of the gantry to the front left:
1678121480979.png

I'll try the one you've originally suggested, vanilla

Just pull the filament out, insert new, and push it to extrude. When the nozzle is cleaned off by you, in the console, type "resume"

Hi, I went through this yesterday when I started to print parts for Micron+.
I wanted to have the Micron logo embedded to the MiniSB cowling, so changing filament on layer level did not work for me.
What I ended up doing is defining in slicer (PS) that I have two extruders and use the multi-part model to select different filaments for different parts. Needed to play with Klipper Macros a bit.
The result turned out great to my opinion. If you're interested, I can share what I have done in detailed steps. I am pretty much doing manual ERCF ;-)

Attachments

• MiniSB_1.jpg
    MiniSB_1.jpg
    552.3 KB · Views: 9
  • MiniSB_2.jpg
    MiniSB_2.jpg
    769.6 KB · Views: 7