What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

LED Effects

Sandman50

Finishing off a 2.4 350 build. Installed WS2812B RGB LEDs in a ring around the top.

Anyone willing the post their code for cool effect lighting?

You asked for it...
I have something set up for just about every function the printer does. I have SB with Rainbow Barf in the logo and 18-led case light strips on each side wired in series for an overall 36 lED strip in the case.

Thanks, that's a nice set of macros. I was hoping that somebody did the heavy lifting to re-write the stealthburner status macro.

I'm getting consistency issues with the LEDs. It's basically random, but what I get:
  • works fine
  • Doesn't turn on or off
  • random colors
  • fading intensity to end of string.
  • one green or purple led at the end (or in the middle... with the rest of the string dark)
I'm thinking that there's some noise in the signal wire or the power. I've read else ware that putting in a 100uF cap (with appropriate voltage rating) will help damp out the noise.

Thoughts?

(might not help that I'm using the el-cheapo string of LEDs off amazon.)

When I did my recent re-wire/upgrade I ran into the same LED issues as others. I added the 2-piece hartk toolhead PCBs, LDO breakout at the other end and the Rainbow Barf SB logo. I was getting the incorrect colors in the toolhead like others . I added a 200 ohm resistor (IIRC) right at the controller end of the signal wire. Problem cleared up after that.

Ah, I added it to the end by the LED strip. I'll try moving it and see if that clears it up.

100uF caps are also cheap and should kill line noise in the supply.

From what I've read, the LEDs are really sensitive to noise.

You asked for it...
I have something set up for just about every function the printer does. I have SB with Rainbow Barf in the logo and 18-led case light strips on each side wired in series for an overall 36 lED strip in the case.
Hi I am just trying to get these to work and I'm wondering if someone can help me with a couple of things:

First off, I had to delete all the references to caselight (cause I don't have one) and renamed chain count to 3 and renamed all the sb leds appropriately.

Okay, so the first thing I'm trying to figure out is how to actually use them. Do I have to go through all my macros and put the relevant SET_LED_EFFECT into each of them? I tried that with the G32 macro and it works fine. Where is the G28 macro located? I can't find it anywhere. I'm also unsure as to where to put the STANDBY and CRITICAL ERROR effects.

And the second problem I'm having, and I really don't understand what's going on here because all the effects seem to work, except for the heating effects. They make klipper crash instantly, I get an orange screen with
Unhandled exception during run
Once the underlying issue is corrected, use the
"FIRMWARE_RESTART" command to reset the firmware, reload the
config, and restart the host software.
Printer is shutdown

To be more exact, the effects seem to work or at least do something (the nozzle leds turn orange) but as soon as I actually turn on the extruder heater klipper crashes. I'll attach my files. And help is much appreciated. EDIT, seems I can't attach my files.

G28 is a hard coded macro to home the printer. So to add in fancy lights you need to use [homing_override]

You can also create your own macro to do the same, but add in pretty lights:

Code:
[gcode_macro G32]
gcode:
    BED_MESH_CLEAR
    _CASELIGHT_ON
    _status_leveling # SB LED color   
    _Party_Homing
    G28
    _Party_Leveling
    QUAD_GANTRY_LEVEL
    _Party_Homing
    G28
    G0 X175 Y175 Z30 F3600
    Party_Off

If you look at my file, I have macros defined that call all the set_led_effect settings. So in my main macros (like redefined G28 for example), I just call the macro that does all that.

For the heater issues, I'd strip out effects and re-add one at a time. Make sure you are referencing the heater correctly.