What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Manual fan control

BOSSJoe

Hi together,maybe you can help me. I think I just do not see the forest for the trees...
I have in my Voron 2.4 a total of 4 different fans:
- Parts fan
- Extruder fan
- Controller fan
- Nevermore fan

The parts fan I can set via the Mainsail Gui how fast it should rotate. Can I possibly do the same for the other fans?At the moment they are more or less coupled to the temperature of the heating bed and extruder. But I would prefer to do this manually.Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks a lot
Joe

The extruder fan is usually ties to the extruder temperature and is not controllable via the GUI. I have the controller and Nevermore fans as simple generic fans ([fan_generic]) which makes them show up in the GUI and controllable.

Hi,
okay that's what my research already showed too.
Just set the whole thing up as [fan generic].
Do you still have it temperature controlled or do you do it all manually?
Thanks a lot
Joe

My controller and Nevermore fans are manually controlled. I have a Rube Goldberg-esque couple of delayed_gcode macros that monitor my RPi CPU temps and cycle the controller fans on and off based on that. I have the Nevermore turned on and off based on the filament being used, controlled in the print_start and print_end macros (e.g., ABS is enclosed, so it runs). You can pick through the dirty details on my GItHub repository. Look in fans.cfg and macros.cfg.