What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question Octopus Pro HE0 (PA0) connector does not work

maestro

Printer Model
Voron 2.4 (250 mm)
Extruder Type
Clockwork 2
Cooling Type
Stealthburner
Hi All!

I've just finished building my Voron V2.4 based on Octopus Pro (STM32F446). According to the wiring doc, I connected my hot-end heater to the HE0 screwed connector (PA0 pin). When my assembly was complete, I started testing the heater. I set the target temperature to 50 degrees. Mainsail UI showed me that heating was started, but the temperature was not growing and after a few seconds Klipper reported a heater error and disconnected.

I double-checked my wiring. Everything seemed to be fine, but the heater did not work. Then, I tried to measure the voltage on the screwed connector HE0 after triggering the heater one more time, but the multimeter showed zero.

Then, I changed the Klipper config to use PB11 as a heater pin, reconnected wires to the HE3 connector and everything started working as expected.

Does anyone know what could be wrong with the HE0 connector? May it be due to misconfiguration or my mainboard has a defect? This is the first time I'm dealing with BTT Octopus, I already used BTT Manta before on my other machine and I have not faced anything similar. So, any help would be much appreciated.

Hi, if you are not getting voltage on one connector, but you do on another, that looks like it's broken. Maybe check on the underside of the board if it's soldered properly, that's probably all you can do as an end user unless you are equipped to diagnose electrical problems and replace components. You can either live with the fact that it's broken and use other connectors, or try to RMA it.

Hi, if you are not getting voltage on one connector, but you do on another, that looks like it's broken. Maybe check on the underside of the board if it's soldered properly, that's probably all you can do as an end user unless you are equipped to diagnose electrical problems and replace components. You can either live with the fact that it's broken and use other connectors, or try to RMA it.
Thank you for the reply. But after spending some time on this, I finally figured out what was the issue.

Unfortunately, I was confused by the board version and pinout diagram. I have the board V1.0.1 which has a different pin naming from V1.1. But in the GitHub repo BTT put diagrams for both version without explicit markings. As a result, I used diagram for V1.1, as a result pin names were slightly different.

As a result, when I changed my configuration to use PA2 pin for HE0 connector (instead PA0 which is is for V1.1) and PB10 for HE2 (instead of PB0 is for V1.1`), everything started working as expected. So, the issue is finally resolved.