What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Printing settings for Voron Ports when using 0.6mm nozzle and Arachne

uc3d

Hi,

I am going to start printing parts for my Voron v0, and when I checked the documentation, it gave me a very strict set of slicer parameters to print the parts.

I'd like to ask then two questions:

a) What would be the acceptable parameters for a 0.6mm nozzle? And if possible an explanation on how you got to these numbers.
I essentially increased the wall width from 0.4 to 0.6, and changed the wall count from 4 (1.6mm) to 3 (1.8mm).

b) Does Prusaslicer's Arachne interfere with it? Should I downgrade to the original slicing mode?

Thanks

There are features in certain parts that are specifically designed around multiples of a 0.4 line width. I'm not saying 0.6 absolutely won't work, but certain features of certain parts may not turn out quite as well.

> certain features of certain parts may not turn out quite as well.

as in "not look pretty" or "not work at all"?

admittedly I haven't tried it, but I'd expect real, functional trouble in stealthburner in particular.

as in "not look pretty" or "not work at all"?

Some wall and bridging features on Stealthburner are exactly 0.8 wide. To use a wide line width will likely make them fail to print correctly.