What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question Revo Six vs Revo voron

TLDR: what is the difference between revo six and revo voron.

Hello guys, I have a highly modified cr-10s pro with a hero me gen 5 and e3d v6

However my thermistor just broke, and my hero me gen 5 is falling apart.

I don't want to get back to hero me gen 5, as creator made a 180 and now is charging for pdf files, even those that were free in the past.

I have being changing nozzles almost daily between 0.3 and 0.8.

I like the idea of revo, even if that means low flow, but again I print in mostly PLA, so i could just buy the newest HF nozzle, and 40W thermistor should be enough.

Thing is, my printer is out of comission right now, and i really want to go to stealthburner, voron 2.4 350x350 is a dream of mine, but not in my budget right now.

I have two choices, one i buy the revo six, put on my hero me gen 5, that would be a straight replacement. Print the stealthburner and make it into the printer.

Or I buy the revo voron, buy a stealthburner kit on internet and install it directly into printer, this option sounds the best option, but I would still have not the adapter plate to put on cr-10s pro.

And frankly i never printer on ABS as i am fucking afraid of ABS without a fume extractor and filter.

Thing is, to choose anything, I would need to understand exactly what is the difference between Revo Six and Revo voron.

Sorry for any grammar mistake as english is not my first language and sorry for the long post.

In short, the only difference between the Revo Six and the Revo Voron is the heat sink and mounting style. One is groove mount, the other is a fixed mount with M3 bolts. Otherwise they are identical.

In short, the only difference between the Revo Six and the Revo Voron is the heat sink and mounting style. One is groove mount, the other is a fixed mount with M3 bolts. Otherwise they are identical.
Thank you, that makes sense, but I was crazy looking on the internet and could not find anything.

It makes sense, but when we are looking something might escape our eyes

Thank you for answering me, I really appreciate it.

What is the advantage of revo micro over other options?
Revo Six has a round groove mount, meaning it will spin in its mount when you will try to unscrew nozzle for example, and you have to hold it. It's a drop-in replacement for V6 hotend. Every toolhead which supports v6 will work with this one, but the groove mount is a bit ... well, there are better options.

Revo Micro uses M12 thread instead, so you can better secure i and it won't spin in its mount. Toolhead makers made mounts for this hotend since it's stock E3D offering.

Revo VORON uses 4 M3 screws to mount heatsink from the top, like Dragon. It was designed by a member of VORON team to work specifically with its toolhead. Support from other toolheads may be limited.

HeroMe latest gen seems to support all of those BTW> Gen 5 only v6 hotends meaning only Revo Six will work there.

There is also Revo CR hotend, which uses mount compatible with Creality printers, and different thermistor (NTC 100k) to be a drop-in replacement to Ender/CR printers. It does not have mount for SB for future use there.

Revo Six has a round groove mount, meaning it will spin in its mount when you will try to unscrew nozzle for example, and you have to hold it. It's a drop-in replacement for V6 hotend. Every toolhead which supports v6 will work with this one, but the groove mount is a bit ... well, there are better options.

Revo Micro uses M12 thread instead, so you can better secure i and it won't spin in its mount. Toolhead makers made mounts for this hotend since it's stock E3D offering.

Revo VORON uses 4 M3 screws to mount heatsink from the top, like Dragon. It was designed by a member of VORON team to work specifically with its toolhead. Support from other toolheads may be limited.

HeroMe latest gen seems to support all of those BTW> Gen 5 only v6 hotends meaning only Revo Six will work there.

There is also Revo CR hotend, which uses mount compatible with Creality printers, and different thermistor (NTC 100k) to be a drop-in replacement to Ender/CR printers. It does not have mount for SB for future use there.
I am still unsure, i was happy when i found about revo creality, because I could use my old plates, but using a thermistor that is not the best in market makes me a little aware, i have klipper and mainsail on my printer, that means that i dont need to use thermistor designed for creality.

For now I am almost going to revo six just because that way i can just use my hero me gen 5, and print all parts that i need for stealthburner, but I would need to buy a voron heatsink and spend an extra 30 dollars, not doing this way thou, i willl need to spend 40-80 dollars to buy all parts printed for stealthburner, but I would save time. I am still unsure, but i appreciate all your advices.