What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

how would you buy High flow revo ?

TLDR: Would it be the same if I buy from E3D a full revo kit + high flow kit, or should I just buy a high flow kit + heatsink + nozzle?

Hello guys, my hero me, Gen 5 is falling apart. My mistake was that i made it in Petg, and my thermistor just broke, so i am using this opportunity to upgrade.

I am going stealthburner.

I really liked the new Revo line of E3d, and sincerely, i do change nozzles a couple of times a week. Between 0.3 and 0.8.

The thing is, E3D just launched their new high flow nozzles, but they do not have a full kit. They do, however, sell the nozzle + 60W heater core + spring kit.

As i understand, the revo line kit is nozzle + 40W heater core + spring + heatsink + 2x extension cables.

If I buy the HF kit and buy a heatsink and a 0.4 and 0.2 mm nozzle, would I lose anything else, or just the extension cables, that I might need to crimp it myself

I have a cr-10s pro, and I have been doing large pieces. A 1-1.4 mm would be amazing, but without being high flow, it is just not worth it.

Sure, I am mostly printing in PLA, and 40W might be enough, but I do have some carbon fiber for a later project, and I intended to maybe do TPU later.

It might be more expensive buying a-la-carte, but it should work. Revo is heatsink+spring+heater+nozzle. I swap nozzles all the time and had to swap heaters a few times; it's easy to do.
From what I understand E3D says the 40W should be sufficient for the 0.4 and 0.6 HF, but suggest going to 60W for anything bigger.

I made the calculation, it's actually cheaper.

I don't have right now with me, as it's in a document at my PC.

But it was something like one nozzle voron kit + one nozzle high flow kit = +- 197 dollars.

It would mean full kit, with extension cables, an extra heater core and maybe an assembly and operation manual ?, and it would come with one normal 0.4 nozzle + one 0.6 HF nozzle.

If I buy everything separated not including extension cable, that I later found out it was 7 dollars, but I digress.

It will come with everything I need but I will have all nozzles that I really want as high flow kit you can't choose nozzle.

So I will have one 0.25 nozzle, a 0.4 nozzle and a High flow 1.0 nozzle.

For +- 187 dollars, so in essence I am trading an extra core and extra extension cable for the high flow nozzle I want and an extra smaller nozzle.

My printer is huge, cr-10s pro, so I don't think I will ever print faster than 50 mm/s on walls and corners, so high flow on anything less than 0.6 is just a waste on a nozzle.

0.8 has a lesser flow I think 28 mm³/s

1.0 has a flow of 35 mm³/s that I can print at 1.0 and 0.7 layer height at 50 mm/s.

While 1.2 and 1.4 has a flow of 37 mm³/s, it just not worth for loss of quality for gaining 2 mm³/s, and on bigger nozzles we need to be careful with designs as any small wall could disapear, so it's easier to multiply anything on design by 1.0 than 0.8.

I didn't read anything stating that they need bigger heater core for bigger nozzles, just read that PLA would be fine, but I am glad that you are telling me this, as it makes a huge difference on really choosing my poison haha.

Thanks very much.

Last edited:
I have no experience with the new high flow myself, but I do recall reading from E3D somewhere that the larger nozzles will outrun the 40W heater and they suggest the 60W to keep up. It's cheap insurance if you're building up from scratch.

I have no experience with the new high flow myself, but I do recall reading from E3D somewhere that the larger nozzles will outrun the 40W heater and they suggest the 60W to keep up. It's cheap insurance if you're building up from scratch.
Yeah, I always looked up for my father on thought question, even being past 30 haha, and he said the exact same thing.

I really appreciate your advice, I almost went to revo hemera xs instead of stealthburner, but there is not much comparison between the 2 on internet, and being sincere stealthburner looks ways easier to maintenance, the sensor and leds are a nice plus, and hemera is almost 100 dollars more expensive if I want the high flow, if they had a kit with high flow I could think of getting it, but i always wanted to make a voron, so a stealthburner will be a great training practice haha.