What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Slide-Together No Drop Nuts?

bwingate

I just started my Voron 0.2 kit yesterday. I'm printing the no-drop nut holder that have to be pre-installed, but I thought I saw a drop in version where a plastic wedge slid under a nut to hold it in place. Anyone have an STL or am i just wrong?

Thanks,
Bruce.

I just started my Voron 0.2 kit yesterday. I'm printing the no-drop nut holder that have to be pre-installed, but I thought I saw a drop in version where a plastic wedge slid under a nut to hold it in place. Anyone have an STL or am i just wrong?

Thanks,
Bruce.

You don't have to print them, The plastic is already the right shape straight off the reel. Cut it at an angle.

I used just plain old M3 hex nuts and they stay in place well enough if you hold the extrusion flat. The V0 is small enough you can always turn it so the screw you are turning goes straight down.

(BTW, I found you can make M3 drop-in nuts from the brass inserts if you file some corners off. I forgot to install the nuts needed for the door magnets. Those do need to be held in place with a wedge.

Last edited:
Thanks guys - I'm not sure that is what I am looking for - I'll keep hunting. Its not the end of the world, and if this buid goes like the v2.4 build, I'll be taking this apart multiple times anyway.