What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question Standard probe with EBB42 Canbus board ?

Just ordered an EBB42 CAN board from Aliexpress, of course without fully reading the docs first...
According to the picture below the probe pins only supply 5V, and not the 10-30V the standard probes seem to use. I assume this rules
out the connection of the standard typ probes to this board.
I have a spare Super PINDA probe that I could potentially use if the standard probes doesn´t work.

If anyone else that have this board, how did you handle the probe connection ?

EBB42 CAN V1.0-PIN_small.png

Just ordered an EBB42 CAN board from Aliexpress, of course without fully reading the docs first...
According to the picture below the probe pins only supply 5V, and not the 10-30V the standard probes seem to use. I assume this rules
out the connection of the standard typ probes to this board.
I have a spare Super PINDA probe that I could potentially use if the standard probes doesn´t work.

If anyone else that have this board, how did you handle the probe connection ?

View attachment 494
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you are correct - I am just working on my EBB 42 right now and have just put a meter on the probe pins. It would be really easy to jump the canbus 24v power supply from the back of the PCB however so I think you should be able to use the 24v there given all of the fans and hotend power is at 24v.

Hope this helps