What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Solved Start Gcode stock LDO 2.4r2 Rev.c

MrMitnick

Printer Model
Voron 2.4.r2 Rev.C LDO kit
Extruder Type
Clockwork 2
Cooling Type
Stealthburner
Hi guys,

First of all i apologize for having to post all these questions, but if your new to this digging through all the available info isnt easy at all. People post their start GCODE but understanding it, and trying to make it work for my setup is very tricky. The LDO kit includes a klicky set, but i am not using that yet. I'm using the included Omron z probe.

I am having issues with my first layer sticking to the bed. I have a feeling this has something to do with my probing being off because of oozed filament. If i try to do babysteps to adjust Z there is allready enough loose filament on the bed for the print to go wrong. Another strange thing is, while heating up its oozing filament, but when it is supposed to lay it down, nothing comes out for a couple of seconds.

So now i am trying to change up my start Gcode to not heat the nozzle fully in the beginning, but rather have it heat up to about 150C, then do QGL and BEDMESH, then i would like it to heat up fully just before it starts to lay down the first layer.

Is there someone who has the time to look at my start GCODE with me (posted below), to try and get that going? I know below start GCODE does not do the things that i want, but when i make changes that i think are appropriate, i straight away get an error after the bed heats and it needs to move on to heating the nozzle to 150C. The error are:

13:25
Extruder not hot enough
Error on 'M140 S': unable to parse
Error on 'M140 S': unable to parse

I can print small things, but when it gets a little more complex all my prints fail. Driving me a bit nuts.

Cheers!
Pepijn

[gcode_macro PRINT_START]
gcode:
SET_GCODE_OFFSET Z=0 ; Start from scratch.
STATUS_HOMING ; SB Neopixel status: HOMING
G28
STATUS_READY ; SB Neopixel status: READY
STATUS_LEVELING ; SB Neopixel status: QGL
QUAD_GANTRY_LEVEL ; quad gantry leveling
G28 ; Home all axes
BED_MESH_CLEAR ; Clear all bedmeshes
STATUS_MESHING ; SB Neopixel status: BED MESH
BED_MESH_CALIBRATE ; Mesh bed level
BED_MESH_PROFILE LOAD=default ; Use the stored mesh.
G28
G90 ; absolute positioning
G1 Z20 F3000 ; move nozzle away from bed
#TUNING_TOWER COMMAND=SET_PRESSURE_ADVANCE PARAMETER=ADVANCE START=0 FACTOR=.0025

Last edited:
Take a look at the TAP install instructions. There you will find the part of the code to do what you need.

1. Add Tap's activate_gcode:
    • This G-code will allow you to probe cold, but will also prevent you from probing with a nozzle at printing temperature (to try to preserve your build surface). This goes in the [probe] section of your config.
activate_gcode:
{% set PROBE_TEMP = 150 %}
{% set MAX_TEMP = PROBE_TEMP + 5 %}
{% set ACTUAL_TEMP = printer.extruder.temperature %}
{% set TARGET_TEMP = printer.extruder.target %}

{% if TARGET_TEMP > PROBE_TEMP %}
{ action_respond_info('Extruder temperature target of %.1fC is too high, lowering to %.1fC' % (TARGET_TEMP, PROBE_TEMP)) }
M109 S{ PROBE_TEMP }
{% else %}
# Temperature target is already low enough, but nozzle may still be too hot.
{% if ACTUAL_TEMP > MAX_TEMP %}
{ action_respond_info('Extruder temperature %.1fC is still too high, waiting until below %.1fC' % (ACTUAL_TEMP, MAX_TEMP)) }
TEMPERATURE_WAIT SENSOR=extruder MAXIMUM={ MAX_TEMP }
{% endif %}
{% endif %}

Take a look at the TAP install instructions. There you will find the part of the code to do what you need.

1. Add Tap's activate_gcode:
    • This G-code will allow you to probe cold, but will also prevent you from probing with a nozzle at printing temperature (to try to preserve your build surface). This goes in the [probe] section of your config.
activate_gcode:
{% set PROBE_TEMP = 150 %}
{% set MAX_TEMP = PROBE_TEMP + 5 %}
{% set ACTUAL_TEMP = printer.extruder.temperature %}
{% set TARGET_TEMP = printer.extruder.target %}

{% if TARGET_TEMP > PROBE_TEMP %}
{ action_respond_info('Extruder temperature target of %.1fC is too high, lowering to %.1fC' % (TARGET_TEMP, PROBE_TEMP)) }
M109 S{ PROBE_TEMP }
{% else %}
# Temperature target is already low enough, but nozzle may still be too hot.
{% if ACTUAL_TEMP > MAX_TEMP %}
{ action_respond_info('Extruder temperature %.1fC is still too high, waiting until below %.1fC' % (ACTUAL_TEMP, MAX_TEMP)) }
TEMPERATURE_WAIT SENSOR=extruder MAXIMUM={ MAX_TEMP }
{% endif %}
{% endif %}
Thanks! i will try that.

@NoGuru Thank you, that worked. I have to tune my start macro some more. Its now heating the nozzle, and then letting it cool to 150C to do the probing. But this allready leads to less oozing and thats what i wanted. Much appreciated!