What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Step files broken?

cdl1701

Printer Model
Voron 2.4
Extruder Type
Clockwork 2
Cooling Type
Stealthburner
I have been looking over the step files of the Voron build and it seems that some of the step files come in with bad surfaces. I am using Creo 6 as my CAD software and was wanting to make some small changes/additions to the parts before printing but some of the parts I need to modify do not come in as solid and have overlapping surfaces. Has anyone else experienced this or is it just me?
Here is an example from the TOOLHEAD_REVO_VORON_FRONT
These overlapping surfaces are all over so I am not able to edit and I want to move the air nozzle to better direct cooling to the part instead of directly at the heater.
1690572211928.png

Hey there, I have searched in Fusion360 for your malfunctioning sector in a freshly downloaded toolhead_revovoron.stp and could not find bad surfaces.
I even checked the whole file, but Fusion does not find any errors inside the file.

1690620203625.png

Hey there, I have searched in Fusion360 for your malfunctioning sector in a freshly downloaded toolhead_revovoron.stp and could not find bad surfaces.
I even checked the whole file, but Fusion does not find any errors inside the file.

View attachment 2893
Interesting, I guess it must just be how Creo handles these step files. I pull step files in all the time for work and very rarely have these issues. Looks like it is time to DL Fusion360 again. Thanks for taking the time to look at this for me.