What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Tap with hartk 2 Piece

mac1321

in the process if building my 2.4 and going with tap. In the tap github it says if using the 2-piece hartk pcb there is a slight modification needed. I tried to check discord as it said but am coming up blank. Anyone have the info on what is needed to be modified? Thanks

For Tap, this is recommended. Also I added a 3010 24v fan to gpio15.

Attachments

• tap.png
    tap.png
    440.8 KB · Views: 244
  • tap fan.png
    tap fan.png
    41 KB · Views: 203
I hooked it up as it is, Tap to the probe connector. Works great.
Self-wired or the V2 Tap PCB? I'm going to be converting my Trident over to Tap and I have the V2 Tap PCB and the 2-piece hartk. I got that Tap board with the thought that it should just plug straight in, but the recent announcement on the issue makes me nervous.

Self-wired or the V2 Tap PCB? I'm going to be converting my Trident over to Tap and I have the V2 Tap PCB and the 2-piece hartk. I got that Tap board with the thought that it should just plug straight in, but the recent announcement on the issue makes me nervous.
V2 tap PCB is what I got and then the 2-piece hartk.

it all depends on if you are using a 24v tap pcb (which i would hold off on at the moment in light of the current issues with them ) or a 5v tap pcb
with a 5v tap PCB there is a modification you can make to the PCB to change the FS header to be a 5v probe header

to make the FS header a 5v option, you will need to cut the trace where the red line is and solder a small jumper wire between the 2 pins that the green line connects
unknown-217.png

v2 PCB 5v-24v

I got a message from LAB4450 where I purchased it that they don't sell the PCB version anymore because of lots of problems reported. Mine works fine, seems that I am not affected from this problems.

thanks I'll have to check when I get home its the 5v or 24v one. I got the fystec pre-order one.

And I'll have to look at the 24v issue as didn't see that so thanks for the heads up.

v2 PCB 5v-24v

I got a message from LAB4450 where I purchased it that they don't sell the PCB version anymore because of lots of problems reported. Mine works fine, seems that I am not affected from this problems.
24V tap pcb is under investigation for reported problems, initial reports point to a knockoff component that is specific to 24V pcbs. lab4450 are known for using genuine and well soldered parts so that might explain why yours works

Yup, I'm waiting for now. I have the Linneo V2.1 board purchased from KB-3D. I've seen reports of my exact planned setup working (Tap V2.1 -> hartk 2-piece -> LDO breakout -> Octopus), but I can wait. I need to get my Klicky either working again or revert to inductive to even get the printer running to print parts anyway.

It also sounds like there's some wiring tweaks that need to be made for the Tap to hartk board with the included jumper.

Sam going to wait. I have a klicky ready to be built as that was the plan when I purchased the machine to do but tap came out so I figured I would go that route since was in the build phase. So I'll just keep down the klicky path until this is resolved. Hoping vendors will send out replacement boards once a fix is in place or at least offer a discount on them since the ones we all got are not really a good idea to use.

Would it be considered safe to run the 2.1 pcb off the hartk using this mod? Is 5v going into the 5-24v board safe?

Would it be considered safe to run the 2.1 pcb off the hartk using this mod? Is 5v going into the 5-24v board safe?
I believe that is the preferred method right now, but I am using the 2.1 pcb and running the 24v w/ no issues. I have over 100hrs on the probe at this point and seems to be just fine. When I pre-ordered TAP I just got 2 of the 2.1 and then one of the 5v for good measure. Ended up not needing the replacements, but if I only had one, I would hook up to 5v as it seems like zero issues at that voltage.

As far as I know and can tell the hartk PCB sends 24V to the probe port. It's meant for the stock inductive setup. As of right now I have not installed the hartk & LDO PCBs. I could not get the v2.1 Tap PCB to work a all, so I eventually got a wired optical sensor and got that working after a brief semi-successful detour through UnTap. I did switch the power for the sensor port to 5V on my Octopus controller.