What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Unable to read tmc uart 'stepper_x' register IFCNT

bwingate

Printer Model
Fysetc Voron 2.4 kit
Extruder Type
Clockwork 2
Cooling Type
Stealthburner
I read through this thread and it did not seem to help: https://forum.vorondesign.com/threads/unable-to-read-tmc-uart-stepper_x-register-ifcnt.496/ I also got lost once it got too technical with the info about different versions of Katapult. It seems he got around the problem by swapping the can adapter with a can hat.

I am working my way through the initial startup guide for a Voron 2.4 for a Fysetc kit with a Spider 2.2 board, 2209 drivers. I have set it up with BTT Canbus and sensorless homing. I have triple checked all my jumpers.
I got to the "STEPPER_BUZZ STEPPER=stepper_x" step and got the error in the title. I got this error for stepper_x and stepper_y, but none of the stepper_z checks. I swapped the x stepper with one of the z steppers and got the same results.

Oh - and here's an odd side effect: whenever I buzz x or y, the part cooling fan turns on.

I'm really stuck and would appreciate some input.

Attachments

• klippy (3).log
    545.6 KB · Views: 0
  • config-20240114-052753.zip
    4.6 KB · Views: 0
I had a problem that was similar to this in my Fysetc build. Only for the X and Y steppers - I know you say you checked all your jumpers, but did you insert the 24 volt jumper in the corner of the Spider board?
1705438215750.png

Thanks. I got this same answer on discord because it was quiet here for a while.

My problem now is that I cannot find that connect in my boxes of parts and I cannot find the name/designation of that connector.