What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

V0.1 and nevermore

sfriziona

I am installing a Nevermore Micro V4 on a V0.1 with BTT SKR Mini E3 V2.0 and wondering if there any way to connect and control the fan via software as FAN 0 and FAN 1 are obviously taken?

- Klipper Expander is a popular option.
- LDO's new Picobilical board would also be a good choice too.
- A canbus toolhead board would free up several slots on your mainboard

alternatively you could just wire the nevermore directly to the 24v PSU and have it always-on.

alternatively you could just wire the nevermore directly to the 24v PSU and have it always-on.
Thanks, I have a spare canbus toolhead and will probably go on this way.

Isn't the picobilical only available in the new v0.1 ldo kit ?

Isn't the picobilical only available in the new v0.1 ldo kit ?
I have those in each of my formbot kits that I ordered over a month ago. So four in total. Fysetc did not include one.

I thought they were standard since Formbot was including them. But Formbot has been jumping on the BOM updates quick it seems. SS connectors as well, thankfully.

I wired it on a spare digital output of the SKR board. I'll check on my printer.cfg tonight
That would be great, thanks...
v0nevermore.jpeg

In printer.cfg:

# nevermore on Neopixel output
[heater_fan nevermore]
pin: PA8
max_power: 1.0
shutdown_speed: 0.0
fan_speed: 1.0
heater: heater_bed
heater_temp: 60.0

So I used the neopixel port. There's no power or nevermore connected at the moment as I just moved that one to V2.1944 for its 24V fans. Need to rewire it for 12V on my 2nd nevermore.

View attachment 455

In printer.cfg:

# nevermore on Neopixel output
[heater_fan nevermore]
pin: PA8
max_power: 1.0
shutdown_speed: 0.0
fan_speed: 1.0
heater: heater_bed
heater_temp: 60.0

So I used the neopixel port. There's no power or nevermore connected at the moment as I just moved that one to V2.1944 for its 24V fans. Need to rewire it for 12V on my 2nd nevermore.
Great, thank for this .
I just installed neopixel strips last week so that port is not available, do you think I can use any other pin or does it need to be a specific one?

Great, thank for this .
I just installed neopixel strips last week so that port is not available, do you think I can use any other pin or does it need to be a specific one?
Any free digital pin will do. The neopixel socket was convenient as it provides GDN and +5V too. You'll have to tap that somewhere too then.

I should preface this by saying I would like to control mine via software also, though for now, I just wired up a manual switch. If I'm printing ABS, I just turn it on manually. If I'm printing PLA or PETG I usually leave it off. It's not fancy and is a little ugly (switch is just in-line with the power wire over to the Nevermore) but it works.

I should preface this by saying I would like to control mine via software also, though for now, I just wired up a manual switch. If I'm printing ABS, I just turn it on manually. If I'm printing PLA or PETG I usually leave it off. It's not fancy and is a little ugly (switch is just in-line with the power wire over to the Nevermore) but it works.
I have a Macro that toggles the fan on or off... Then there's the fan in the "Misc" section of Mainsail that allows you to select the speed.
Then it's in my "presets" for ABS/ASA to turn on when I'm heat soaking etc

[gcode_macro TOGGLE_NEVERMORE]
gcode:
{% if printer['fan_generic Nevermore'].speed > 0 %}
SET_FAN_SPEED FAN=Nevermore SPEED=0
{% else %}
SET_FAN_SPEED FAN=Nevermore SPEED=1
{% endif %}