What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question Voron 0.2 cannot pull thread

DDB23456

Printer Model
Voron 0.2
Extruder Type
Other
Cooling Type
Stealthburner
Hi,
I recently built a Siboor Voron 0.2 kit.
Although I am new to the 3d printers, the build was smooth with almost no problems. The only problem I have is that the print head cannot seem to pull the PLA filament.
I went to the instructions and everything is OK and in the appropriate dimensions.
I will appreciate your help because I cannot think of any solution

We need more information. Do you mean the extruder will not turn? What has been done to trouble shoot the issue?

Sorry.
When I insert the filament into the printhead. The printhead cannot push the filament into the hotend, When I push manually the filament into the hot end, everything is working correctly.
When I remove the hot end and try again, If the mechanism encounters a little resistance it stops pushing even though the motor and the mechanism does spin. I've tried to disassemble and reassemble the print head with no change. The hotend is 210C with PLA filament.

Here is a link to a YouTube video with the problem:
And and image from inside the printhead.

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_5485-min.JPG
    IMG_5485-min.JPG
    776.7 KB · Views: 20
I see, well I doubt it's a bad motor but I would put that at the bottom of things to change out.

First and easiest is to review the software config. Make sure you have the correct rotational distance set for the extruder, and make sure the current is correct for the voltage.
If you are 100% that is all good, next would be to check all the motor wiring. Make sure all connections are good, and it the correct order.

I see, well I doubt it's a bad motor but I would put that at the bottom of things to change out.

First and easiest is to review the software config. Make sure you have the correct rotational distance set for the extruder, and make sure the current is correct for the voltage.
If you are 100% that is all good, next would be to check all the motor wiring. Make sure all connections are good, and it the correct order.
Along with the software parameters that @NoGuru mentioned, also check to make sure the extruder rotation DIRECTION is correct. It is/was wrong on the default LDO profile. Not sure which .cfg file you're using.

Make sure the little flathead bolt you put in is screwed all the way in. From the photo, it looks like it screwed all the way out.

On my Siboor Voron 0.2R1 it had an intermittent issue where it would stop extruding and the motor would get very hot. It wasn't until I rebuilt the toolhead recently that I learned I had not tightened the grub screw all the way so it was heating up due to the friction. I cannot guarantee that is your problem as above it could just be the small screw in the mid plate. I know the siboor kit's screw is slightly smaller than any driver they give you.