What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

VORON 2.4 alternate wiring (without cable chain)

OlegMalykin

Printer Model
Voron 2.4
Extruder Type
Clockwork 2
Cooling Type
Stealthburner
Hi
I tried, but I didn’t find a posts on this topic.
Why doesn't anyone assembly Vororn 2.4 without cable chains?
We can do the wiring like a canbus assembly\wiring.
I don't want to connect the canbus, but I'm thinking of assembling the wires as shown in the picture.
What do you think?
Why doesn't anyone do this?

1712755556604.png

Sure you can do it like that. Just no that the wiring will be sort of heavy and not easy to support.

but I'm thinking of assembling the wires as shown in the picture.
Why doesn't anyone do this?

I think that picture is of a Trident with the fixed gantry, but even so, that picture shows the biggest reason.

The green wiring bundle is folded over against the top panel, and look at how far the gantry plane is from the top. If you did that on a v2.4, and needed to keep it enclosed, you would lose quite a bit of Z-axis travel. And it's difficult to re-angle/re-route the wiring, because the v2.4 - particularly in a 350 config - has a LONG travel range (and required umbilical length) from the lowest front corner to the highest rear corner. There are ways around these issues of course, but there are tradeoffs to be made, so it isn't quite a slam-dunk solution.