What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Voron 2.4 r2 350 LDO Kit w/Phaetus Rapido HF

TAKE THAT, CAN BUS. I BEAT YOU.

Second time was the charm with CAN Bus; head my breath with the wiring and everything powered up nice and cleanly. Flashing the firmware was a bit obnoxious as I had trouble getting the toolhead board into DFU mode but eventually tried different things till it worked (I had to hold reset button as I plugged in the toolhead USB cable). Got all the new pinouts remapped in my config, and she is back up and online! I did initiallyI forget to set the jumpers for my Inductive Probe. My model is TL-Q5MC2-Z, so it is NPN and needed the extra jumper installed on the EBB 2209. I probably should have peeled back the foil tape and looked /googled BEFORE cutting apart my wiring and retesting with a multimeter, lol/doh

This is all the finicky extra fine cabling I was able to remove from the tool head. It let me completely remove the X drag chain, and I'll be able to remove the Y axis drag chain as soon as I either relocated the XY limit switch or just switch to senseless homing (probably this weekend). Forgive the jank After picture, I will figure out a permanent /better looking umbilical situation soon.

Not sure why CAN isn't the default. It seems so much more solid once you get past all the firmware flashing and configuration.

IMG_7679.jpg
IMG_7682.jpg