What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Voron 2.4 two mcu options

Is anyone running two main boards (excluding a toolhead board) on their 2.4?

I am looking at the BOM and I have a Duet 2 wifi sitting here with 5 steppers (original) - unfortunately one short for the motion system. I don't have a Duetx expander for additional steppers and they are difficult to find now the Duet 2 wifi is discontinued and the cost of that expander is up with a new 8 stepper board where I have seen them. I am reluctant to ditch the board as it was uber-expensive when I brought it and the specs are still very acceptable (TMC2660)

I was wondering if there is any performance / reliability / quality hit for running one board on the 4 bottom steppers and a separate smaller board (SKR Mini E3 etc) board for the steppers on the gantry using klipper. I was under the assumption that one board is required for the full motion system but technology is moving so quickly these days

I think you answered the question yourself when you mentioned the toolhead board, its the same concept.
You should be fine adding the SKR