What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Z Endstop Triggered

You likely still have not configured your movement in the correct directions, as well as the end stops positions in your config.

You say X can home, and also when homing everything the tool head moves to the right, and triggers the x switch ? If your x does move to the right to home (which is normal) then your end stop position for X needs to be the max position - you still have it configured as 0. The sample config doesn't have it at 0. This is presumably a change you are making?

Your printer thinks the right side is 0, not x max. Likely you have x and z directions inverted.

You've done a lot of configuration changes recently, the first thing you should do is re-visit https://docs.vorondesign.com/build/startup/#stepper-motor-check and re-run these checks that the steppers turn in the correct directions. I know you said you read this before, but lets do it again, re-read, and re-test the stepper buzz instructions, noting the movement the steppers make.

Followed the instructions on the bltouch test page. All tests passed, until the G28 command. Extruder did the same as before. When to the bltouch section on the configuration reference page. Removed all lines except the required lines for the pins. Got an error that Z offset must be specified. Added and gave it a value of zero. Tested, same results.

Followed the instructions on the bltouch test page. All tests passed, until the G28 command. Extruder did the same as before. When to the bltouch section on the configuration reference page. Removed all lines except the required lines for the pins. Got an error that Z offset must be specified. Added and gave it a value of zero. Tested, same results.

Can you tell me why you have the X axis configured with the end stop at position 0 in your config?

Trying to calibrate z offset. According to the Initial calibration documents use the Z_ENDSTOP_CALIBRATE command. I get an unknown command reply. When I use PROBE_CALIBRATE to lower the nozzle, I do not reach the bed. I get an out of range message. Tried TESTZ Z=-5 get a command unknown error. Is there a way I can change the initial Z height in the print file to get it in range for PROBE_CALIBRATE?

Trying to calibrate z offset. According to the Initial calibration documents use the Z_ENDSTOP_CALIBRATE command. I get an unknown command reply. When I use PROBE_CALIBRATE to lower the nozzle, I do not reach the bed. I get an out of range message. Tried TESTZ Z=-5 get a command unknown error. Is there a way I can change the initial Z height in the print file to get it in range for PROBE_CALIBRATE?
You get unknown command because you do not have Z endstop section defined. Switchwire uses virtual Z endstop and all configuration is done under [probe] section.

Try changing
position_min: -3.0 in [Z_motor] section to lower number (-5 or so) if you need to go lower than when the probe triggers.

Powered up this morning. Tried to home. Y would not move, but vibrated. Stepper buzzed all axis. All good. Made some changes to the printer.cfg file in the BL touch. The changes were from a known working BL touch section of a Switchwire config file. Restarted, same issue. Researched the vibration can be caused by bad reversed polarity. Wires have not been touched . Other problems could be a bad driver, or a bad motor. The Raspberry Pi was disconnecting last week. I assumed that the problem was caused by overheating. Switched to a BTT CBI1 clone. Worked fine until this morning when the y vibration started.

Try swapping Y motor position with some other, and see if issue carries over. If yes, it's motor. If not, it's the driver. You can also check continuity resistances on both motor windings - the value in Ohms is usually specified in manufacturer's documentation, and needs to be the same across both windings.