What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

1d to 3d printer 600x600

NeoRazZ

i just discovered the floating gantry system of the voron
i think it would solve some of the issues in the design ive been working on for the last few years on and off (mostly off)

1 - Copy.jpg
original tractor feed green bar printer

2 - Copy.jpg
3 - Copy.jpg

4 - Copy.jpg

5 - Copy.jpg

this box is full steel
im going to bolt the 2020 extrusion to the side walls

i already have the print bed 23"x23" glass and aluminum sheet with 4 heaters for zone control of temperature
4 x relays direct ac 600w each should also work as chamber heater

i guess my fist question .
if i finished this does it qualify as voron ? like for a serial number

i have 10x 1000mm 2020 pieces

im not so worried about maximum speed
more reliability (MTBF) and accuracy

if this seems like a terrible idea we can put motors under it and turn it into a low rent dalek
explain doctor who GIF

I'll be honest, I think it's pretty unlikely whatever you build is going to be serializable...but please don't let that discourage you. Building something interesting and effective is still definitely a key part of the "Voron Ethos" even if the end result isn't technically a Voron!
(and if you end up with an entire voron gantry shoved in there, you might well prove me wrong and get a serial!)

All of that being said, That large of a print area, you'll likely find you want more rigidity than regular V2.4 parts can offer. Phoenix will have the gantry you *really* want, but, you know...it's not out yet.

I'll be honest, I think it's pretty unlikely whatever you build is going to be serializable...but please don't let that discourage you. Building something interesting and effective is still definitely a key part of the "Voron Ethos" even if the end result isn't technically a Voron!
(and if you end up with an entire voron gantry shoved in there, you might well prove me wrong and get a serial!)

All of that being said, That large of a print area, you'll likely find you want more rigidity than regular V2.4 parts can offer. Phoenix will have the gantry you *really* want, but, you know...it's not out yet.
now that I have the name ... yes it's description is exactly what I was aiming for

I recently converted a printer to klipper. cause it was the only platform that supported the enraged rabbit.
in the process everywhere I looked talked about voron .
and I discovered quad z leveling and realized I didn't have to lift this massive bed plate up to the printhead head and figure out how to level it manually .

Google large format voron doesn't show phoenix yet .

if I pull this off it would be a phoenix of sorts as it's currently a dead printer about to be transformed into something new