What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question Day 0 V2.4 Mods

If you are planning on installing case lights, I would recommend printing and installing these...

5v LED Strip
LED Strip Holder

It's pretty simple to wire them in. just grab power from your 5v supply and find a spare data pin for the signal line.

I just finished doing a complete re-wire and printed these out for installation while I had the printer apart. Super happy with the result. It was also something that I would have done while building the thing if I had thought about it. I've got a simple Caselight On toggle button that I added to klipper screen that just executes this macro.

[neopixel caselight] pin: z:P1.24 # The pin connected to the neopixel. This parameter must be # provided. chain_count: 84 # The number of Neopixel chips that are "daisy chained" to the # provided pin. The default is 1 (which indicates only a single # Neopixel is connected to the pin). color_order: GRB # Set the pixel order required by the LED hardware. Options are GRB, # RGB, GRBW, or RGBW. The default is GRB. initial_RED: 1.0 initial_GREEN: 1.0 initial_BLUE: 1.0

and the Macro itself...

[gcode_macro caselight_on] variable_light_state: 0 gcode: {% if printer[ "gcode_macro caselight_on" ].light_state == 0 %} SET_GCODE_VARIABLE MACRO=caselight_on VARIABLE=light_state VALUE=1 SET_LED LED=caselight RED=1 GREEN=1 BLUE=1 {% else %} SET_GCODE_VARIABLE MACRO=caselight_on VARIABLE=light_state VALUE=0 SET_LED LED=caselight RED=0 GREEN=0 BLUE=0 {% endif %}

If you want LED lighting you can always use a Cerebro for full WLED

Why add another PCB when all you need is a data pin? I just use the I2C data pin and assign it in Klipper.
mainly for the full functionality for WLED which you cant really get from just klipper and a data pin. and depending how many led's you want to run the data pin may not be able to provide enough power.

mainly for the full functionality for WLED which you cant really get from just klipper and a data pin. and depending how many led's you want to run the data pin may not be able to provide enough power.
Hmm. I’m running 84 of them without any issues. Not sure what the limit is, but I don’t have any issues at 84. The power is connected directly to the power supply, so no issues there either. I’ve got it making pretty blue comet effects without a hiccup.