What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question Day 0 V2.4 Mods

ZombieHedgehog

Printer Model
V2.4
Extruder Type
Orbiter
Cooling Type
Stealthburner
Hello!

Over the next month I will be building a V2.4 300mm, I'm self sourcing from leftover/extra parts with the rest of the parts from West3D, LDO, and BTT. For anyone who has built a 2.4, either from a kit or self sourced, what non-BOM upgrades did you feel was a worthwhile addition to the stock build?

These are my current planned mods/upgrades to install while assembling:
- Nevermore V5 Duo
- Stealthburner W/ Rapido + LDO Orbiter V2.0
- 2-piece Hartk Stealthburner Toolhead PCB
- Neopixel LEDs
- AC Heated Bed PCB (removed since not compatible with a 750W 120V bed)
- Kicky + Sexbolt
- Voron 2.4 Filament Latch

If there is anything else I should modify or deviate from while building, I would love to hear your feedback!

Also, for any of these mods, what would you avoid upgrading until after the initial build?

Thanks!

1668722280643.png

Last edited:

For remote monitoring, a camera and mount are worthwhile to install. And, not day-0, but grab an ADXL345 so you can run Input Shaper.

I know the mod is old and abandoned but https://github.com/VoronDesign/Voro...Decontaminator_Purge_Bucket_&_Nozzle_Scrubber is amazing, not so much for the bucket nor the scrubber (although they are useful!) but for the stoppers at the edge of the bed, because it realigns the steel plate instantly at the proper distance all the time.

Personally I stuck with the legacy Revision #2 and it's been perfect, I will always rebuild my V2 with that mod.

QoL hack: a switch accessible from the outside to put the stepper board in flash mode. Waited too long with that, would have saved me some aggravation.

What mods a worthwhile for the stock build is somewhat of a personal choice. However, you post title is "Day 0", which to me means "what mods should I include as part of the build". To that question, my opinion is "none". Build stock, get to know you printer and then mod. The only one that I might consider is StealthBurner but that is not a mod anymore.

I plan on using a BTT EBB36 CAN Bus on the toolhead. You only need four wires between MCU and toolhead and this can eliminate the X & Y cable chains. There is also, an ADXL345 built in to it for resonance testing. I don't have any first hand experience with it, but it looks to me like it will clean up the build quite a bit. You might want to look into this before investing in the HartK toolhead PCB. However it would probably better if put printer together "stock" and get it up and running before trying the EBB36.

Hello!

Over the next month I will be building a V2.4 300mm, I'm self sourcing from leftover/extra parts with the rest of the parts from West3D, LDO, and BTT. For anyone who has built a 2.4, either from a kit or self sourced, what non-BOM upgrades did you feel was a worthwhile addition to the stock build?

These are my current planned mods/upgrades to install while assembling:
- Nevermore V5 Duo
- Stealthburner W/ Rapido + LDO Orbiter V2.0
- 2-piece Hartk Stealthburner Toolhead PCB
- Neopixel LEDs
- Hartk AC Heated Bed PCB
- Kicky + Sexbolt
- Voron 2.4 Filament Latch

If there is anything else I should modify or deviate from while building, I would love to hear your feedback!

Also, for any of these mods, what would you avoid upgrading until after the initial build?

Thanks!

View attachment 219
The Voron 2.4 Filament Latch just came out with a slim print in place version that feels much more durable.

The same repo has a set of handles for the lower back corner and I wish I would have printed them sooner. The build is large and can be quite awkward to move around once everything is attached you can kinda pick it up by the feet/skirt but it does not spark joy the same way the handles do.

You mention both Orbiter 2.0 and 2 part toolhead PCB, but there is no way to use those together afaik. The Orbiter's tension latch would interfere.