What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Fume extraction quick-connect couplers for Voron Zero and 2.4

evandepol

Hi all,

I recently moved my printers to a basement area, and along with that move also sought to address fumes for a number of activities (resin printers, airbrushing, soldering, styrene from ABS etc). I created a few modifications for Voron 0 and Voron 2.4, that allow me to use magnetic quick-disconnect couplers and 2.5" flexible dust collection hose system that vents any undesirable fumes outsides with a cheap inline fan. The inline fan is controlled from my home automation system whenever one of my printers is printing according to moonraker status. I thought some people here might be interested in such a thing as well.

Links to the designs:

My attachment to the back of my Voron 2.4. This adapter bolts on top of the 60mm fan instead of the fan guard, so the chamber cooling still works.
voron-2.4-rear-connection.jpeg

And the back of my Voron 0.1. You can see the little 50mm fan inside the connector which i use to actively cool the chamber if needed (as on a Voron 2.4):
voron-v0-50mm-fan-adapter-rear-2.jpeg

top view:
voron-v0-50mm-fan-adapter-from-top.jpeg
And how it is connected with the magnetic and twist-lock couplers i use:
voron-v0-rear connection.jpeg

An overview of my setup (voron's are a little to the left of this picture):
hoses.jpeg

Hope this is is of use to anybody!