What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Help with filament runout sensor not triggering

HoloPuff

Hey gang.
I have an LDO 2.4 kit with Octopus board and Klipper. I hooked up a filament runout sensors to Pin PG11
This is the config I'm using: https://github.com/VoronDesign/VoronUsers/blob/master/printer_mods/JD/RefillPlease/klipper/filament_runout_detection.cfg
(I just changed the pin). When the filament runs out, the sensor will change led from off to on, (it has a LED at the endstop) but the printer just goes on printing.
I've included the file in printer.cfg but no idea how to debug this now.

Is there a way to query the status of a pin? What am I missing here?
Thanks!

I installed the RefillPlease runout sensor and it works well for me. Here's the entirety of my config for it:
Code:
#####################################################################
#     RefillPlease - Filament Runout Sensor
#####################################################################

[filament_switch_sensor runout]
switch_pin: !PG14 # Pin Stop_6 for Octopus mcu

# Without M600 macro (uncomment the line below and comment the two lines in the "With Filament change M600 macro"
# pause_on_runout: true

# With M600 Filament change macro
pause_on_runout: false           # False activates ability to use runout_gcode instead of just running PAUSE automatically
runout_gcode:
    M600               # Code to run when runout is detected
insert_gcode:
    {% if printer.print_stats.state|lower != "paused" and printer.print_stats.state|lower != "printing" %}
      RESPOND MSG="RUNOUT: Filament inserted. Run LOAD_FILAMENT to prime nozzle."
    {% else %}
      RESPOND MSG="RUNOUT: Filament inserted. Filament load starting in 20 seconds."
      UPDATE_DELAYED_GCODE ID=_RELOAD_RUNOUT DURATION=20
      LED_PRINTING      # Code to run when new filament is inserted
    {% endif %}

[gcode_macro M600]
description: Helper: Called to pause when runout detected
gcode:
  {% if printer.print_stats.state|lower == "printing" %} #only do this if it's actually printing
    SAVE_GCODE_STATE NAME=STATE_M600
    RESPOND TYPE=error MSG="RUNOUT: Filament runout!"
    PAUSE
    LED_FILAMENT_RUNOUT
    RESTORE_GCODE_STATE NAME=STATE_M600
  {% endif %}

[delayed_gcode _RELOAD_RUNOUT]
gcode:
    LOAD_FILAMENT RUNOUT="true"