What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

My V2 and Bamboo lab X1 Carbon

Yeah they fixed the problem with the latest firmware. That is one thing that has impressed me with BL is they make updates and changes super fast.

I "recreated" the broken V2 scene from this morning and snapped a few pics.View attachment 1427
Seems the belt came out of where it attaches to the gantry. I do have the bearing mod so this might be the issue. I won't know until I rebuilt it.
I have the Z chain under the gantry now and its just better there. Ignore the random thermistor, I have yet to mount it.

View attachment 1428
Here you can see TAP and the CAN bus cooling fan. I have the SB2040 PCB and found a spot to solder the 3010 24v tiny fan to it.

View attachment 1429
Here is the connecter I use. it has a nice firm connection and click to it.
No affiliate https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YFQ7DFB?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

View attachment 1430
I love this panel clips.

View attachment 1431

I printed this roll over on its side legs in Carbon Fiber ASA. Super nice and I use them all the time to flip the printer.
Very nice!! A lot of really good mods there. I built my Voron as a means to an end, but there seems to be no end to mods I’d like to do.

Very nice!! A lot of really good mods there. I built my Voron as a means to an end, but there seems to be no end to mods I’d like to do.
Yeah I had this misconception that the Voron would be the end all printer. Come to find out, it's just fun to mess with and mod. I mean, I have gotten some really amazing prints from it but I think it has been in down time as much as it has been in up time.
If I didn't have any other printers I probably would not mod it as much as I have to help keep it reliable.

Is that skirt mesh in the first pic?
It's Chainmail in TPU. A friend of mine wanted to know if it could be done so I made a sample. Pretty cool stuff, you need to paint it in silver of some sort and it looks and moves like the real stuff. Easy to put together as well.
I would love to print an entire costume for it, but I have so many projects going that are on the back burner. I am making myself a Boba Fet costume for next Halloween in between other projects.

Attachments

• IMG_2289.jpg
    IMG_2289.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 17
That looks like it was a ton of filament swaps unless that was printed on the bambu.
Oh yeah, it was printed on the Bamboo X1C. I have done a lot of swaps in the past but this a trick because of the vertical lines. I have to turn the model sidways, paint my racing strips, then flip it back to the face to paint the rest.
Edit: when I say paint, I mean in the slicer so it can print those colors. I suck at real life painting :)

What happened exactly? At first, I thought it was the exhaust cover I've been looking at on the mods page.
This is the second time it has happened. The Z belt come loose from the gantry at the end of a print. What I think might be happening is during long prints, my chamber gets up to about 65c and I think this is softening the material enough that when the print finishes, the Z hop is too fast and pulls the belts. I will have to slow down Z and maybe print higher temp material then ABS or ASA.
Edit: I should mention I have the GEC5 mod as well and they never get very tight. I have to disassemble and review.

Last edited:
NoGuru, what is your Z-Hop rate? I was curious and checked what I was using (Cura default) and found 10mm/sec.

This is my current printer.cfg settings:

max_velocity: 300
max_accel: 12100 #Max Updated after Input Shaper Test from 4000 23-01-25 Eric
max_z_velocity: 15 #Max 15 for 12V TMC Drivers, can increase for 24V
max_z_accel: 350
square_corner_velocity: 5.0

NoGuru, what is your Z-Hop rate? I was curious and checked what I was using (Cura default) and found 10mm/sec.

This is my current printer.cfg settings:

max_velocity: 300
max_accel: 12100 #Max Updated after Input Shaper Test from 4000 23-01-25 Eric
max_z_velocity: 15 #Max 15 for 12V TMC Drivers, can increase for 24V
max_z_accel: 350
square_corner_velocity: 5.0
So I am at work but I was awake enough to email myself my printer.cfg, and looking at my PRINT_END, I have this,

[gcode_macro PRINT_END]
# Use PRINT_END for the slicer ending script - please customise for your slicer of choice
gcode:

# safe anti-stringing move coords
{% set th = printer.toolhead %}
{% set x_safe = th.position.x + 20 * (1 if th.axis_maximum.x - th.position.x > 20 else -1) %}
{% set y_safe = th.position.y + 20 * (1 if th.axis_maximum.y - th.position.y > 20 else -1) %}
{% set z_safe = [th.position.z + 2, th.axis_maximum.z]|min %}

SAVE_GCODE_STATE NAME=STATE_PRINT_END

M400 ; wait for buffer to clear
G92 E0 ; zero the extruder
G1 E-5.0 F1800 ; retract filament
STATUS_COOLING
TURN_OFF_HEATERS
CLEAN_NOZZLE
G90 ; absolute positioning
G0 X{x_safe} Y{y_safe} Z{z_safe} F20000 ; move nozzle to remove stringing
G0 X{th.axis_maximum.x//2} Y{th.axis_maximum.y - 2} F3600 ; park nozzle at rear
M107 ; turn off fan

BED_MESH_CLEAR
RESTORE_GCODE_STATE NAME=STATE_PRINT_END
STATUS_READY

I have to test but maybe its the F20000 causing the issue. I don't recall how fast that is.

Not sure if it helps, but here's mine(honestly, yours looks like an edited version of mine. So at least you'll have some idea where to look, if this is the problem):

CSS:
[gcode_macro PRINT_END]
#   Use PRINT_END for the slicer ending script - please customise for your slicer of choice
gcode:
    M400                           ; wait for buffer to clear
    G92 E0                         ; zero the extruder
    G1 E-10.0 F3600                ; retract filament
    G91                            ; relative positioning
    G0 Z1.00 X20.0 Y20.0 F20000    ; move nozzle to remove stringing
    TURN_OFF_HEATERS
    M107                           ; turn off fan
    G1 Z2 F3000                    ; move nozzle up 2mm
    G90                            ; absolute positioning
    G0  X125 Y250 F3600            ; park nozzle at rear
    BED_MESH_CLEAR
    nvmOff
    STATUS_OFF
    M84

Last edited:
"loooooooong whistle"
Looking good!!
Is that a carbon back-panel i see that duckie admiring?
It's Carbon Fiber wrap. My BMW has a lot of Carbon Fiber and the neighbor did some project with the wrap and gave me the leftovers because he knows I love CarbonF.

The first layer is now an inch higher than the bed in each corner. I have a Honey Badger PEI sheet and it pulled the sheet right off the magnet.
20 hours left on that print and I am going to let it ride, and probably reprint slowing the first section down to maybe 50% to combat warping or if that does not work, Might try something with less shrink.