What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

My V2 and Bamboo lab X1 Carbon

I ordered some ACM panels to replace my warped bottom panel. They should be here any day now.

I have also decided to rebuild my gantry since the Z belts keep slipping out. New A/B motor prints with the PIN mod. New Ramala idlers as well as reprinting the GEC5 blocks.
Still undecided if I want to change out the motors for something faster with more TQ. LDO has some new ones coming out that have good specs for this. Might switch out X and Y for high voltage steppers too but then I think I loose senseless homing.
Your plan sounds like a lot of fun project. I can honestly say I am happy with the speed of my Formbot build. Mine, being a 350 x 350, I don't really want to push it faster. I'm planning on a v0.2 build in the near future. Being lower mass, maybe its speed can be tweaked up?

Well the more I think about it the toolhead is so heavy with TAP and Steathburner that I will never got a ton of speed out of the V2. I am looking at maybe doing a VZBot if I want speed.

Well I just ordered a bunch of parts to try this new 3D printed printer called "The 100" which stands for 100K acceleration. Which means it should be able to do close to a 6 minute benchy.

I am curious on how you have wired the cable. I will not use the cable chain on my X-Y axis and want a nice solution so the CANbus cable can move freely but controlled. :)
How have you done?

I am curious on how you have wired the cable. I will not use the cable chain on my X-Y axis and want a nice solution so the CANbus cable can move freely but controlled. :)
How have you done?
I used some very thick shield on the cables. It's IGUS but I bought several different ones. I don't recall what I ended up with but I see if I can find out when I get home. I have everything running though where the filter used to be and down the back. I tried to avoid this to keep the exterior clean but I could not get around it and still have the wires that went to the toolhead semi ridged and out of the way. Also I have those clips that hope the PTFE and CAN bus cable together. Also making sure you have JUST enough to reach the far corners will help alot.

Ok, interesting. But you don't have any connector in between the printer space and outside, instead the cable is running straight through and down to the electronics bay?
I was thinking if I should attach a connector for the cableing inside so it is easy to remove and re-attach when ever that is needed... :unsure:

Ok, interesting. But you don't have any connector in between the printer space and outside, instead the cable is running straight through and down to the electronics bay?
I was thinking if I should attach a connector for the cableing inside so it is easy to remove and re-attach when ever that is needed... :unsure:
I have this connected to my toolhead so I can do a quick disconnect when needed. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YFQ7DFB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
From there the cable does out the exhaust port down the back to the Top HAT, then to PI. If I recall, I used one of the PG7 connectors someone made and just used some small tap screws to fasten the connector.

Reactions: pws
Is that creating a mesh? I've heard of the beacon sensor but haven't seen anyone use it yet.
Yep, meshes the entire bed. I am sure I can turn the speeds up but it's so fast I do not need to. I also use adaptive bed mesh so if the part is small it only does a small mesh of the area that I need to print in.

Added this little guy to my collection. It's not done but I wanted to run a test print to see how it is standing mechanically and it just printed, first try.

VzHextrudort Extruder
Chirpy RapidBurner v7 toolhead
Manta M5P control board 24v "for now"
LDO extrusion
LDO Polymide bed
Fabreeko Beserker motion

Everything is self sorced.

Attachments

• IMG_2854_resize.jpg
    IMG_2854_resize.jpg
    497.2 KB · Views: 11
Not blue IMHO. Silver, white, black, yellow. Those would look good with red. Maybe slot covers in those colors.

🤔 I just gave myself bad ideas for my own V0.2 build.

Not blue IMHO. Silver, white, black, yellow. Those would look good with red. Maybe slot covers in those colors.

🤔 I just gave myself bad ideas for my own V0.2 build.
Slot covers yeah, but I was thinking pin stripping from the car world. IDK, might be too much. I'll start with the slot covers and see how it looks.