What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question Replacing CW2, bought an Orbiter 2. Can't use?

Printer Model
Voron 2.4
Extruder Type
Clockwork 2
Cooling Type
Stealthburner
Here's what I got currently, and don't want to change anything but the CW2 for the Orbiter 2.

Stealthburner
Tap
SB 2209 Canbus
Hartk 2 piece board.

Every Orbiter 2 mount I'm finding doesn't have support for any of these things. Did I fuck up when I ordered it?

There is another discussion about that here:

I made a similar mistake... My setup included, Stealthburner, Tap, SB2209 and Orbiter 2.

Basically, there isn't enough room between Stealthburner fans and the Orbiter 2 and even if there was, the filament lever gets ion the way.
I resorted to using CW2 and keeping Orbiter for another job.
If you want to use the Orbiter, switch to EBB 36, of course you will need a few printed parts...

For those in this space, you may want to look at the Galileo 2 Extruder (G2E). This is an extruder that increases grip on the filament, uses planetary gearing, and is much simpler to build and maintain (no finicky screw tightness issues). And, it's a drop-in replacement for clockwork 2.

The only drawback I am aware of is that it is roughly 50g heavier. So can not be tuned quite as fast as a head with CW2.