What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

TAP PCB wiring to Octopus Pro

Locky83

Hi all.
I’m helping my young son build a voron 2.4 with stealthburner and when it got over his head he asked me for help and now I’m well in over my head too. I’m no expert in anything at all to do with this, I’m just a machinist. I’ve spent days trying to find just 1 piece of information to help me with one little thing and now I’m up to my next battle.

We have a Voron TAP installed on the Stealthburner (the whole printer is a new build) with PCB. I can’t find anywhere in any instruction on the internet on how to wire the PCB to the Octopus Pro. I’m sure they are there but they are assuming people reading them actually know what they are reading.
The only things I have found is one person saying plug them here and someone else saying to plug them somewhere else. I end up just getting more confused.

Basically, the 3 wires coming from the PCB go where? If someone could post a photo that would really help (due to my lack of brains).

Thanks all. Sorry for my ignorance I’m just a father trying to help his son.

I will guess you are not running a tool head PCB. That Tap PCB can wire up just like the spec inductive sensor. So, on an Octopus, power and ground goes to PB7. Signal goes to the PG15 pin in the connector next to it.

Thanks, so just like the Voron manual shows?
Because the Octopus Pro shows PB7 somewhere else, and the area I think is PB7 says nothing at all - which is what led me to the confusion.

1699595324709.png1699595396684.png

While I have you, I have another question. I have a Dragon hot end, the temperature sensor and heater have 2 cables in each of them, none of which indicate any positive or negative. Does this mean they can be wired up to the board either way?
Links to my temp sensor and heater:

Yes, like the Voron docs show. Also, yes those have no polarity. Revo does the same thing.