What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question Voron 2.4R2 350 with Mellow TAP low max accel

Bischi1997

Printer Model
Voron 2.4R2 350
Extruder Type
Clockwork 2
Cooling Type
Stealthburner
Hi everyone

I am new to the Voron owners club. I have a Siboor 2.4R2 350 with a mellow CNC TAP installed on a cnc lightweight x-gantry.
Now that I have built it (except the sidepanels) I tried to run the input shapers.
Sadly, it does not matter what I change I always get (as far as I understand) pretty bad max accel values.

Here are my input shaper charts:
1702938317039.png1702938321767.png
With these charts, klipper suggests me to use the following shapers:
Recommended shaper_type_y = ei, shaper_freq_y = 38.6 Hz
Recommended shaper_type_x = zv, shaper_freq_x = 54.0 Hz

If I print something I can see quite some ringing (accel set to 5000mm/s^2).
Has anyone gotten better results or knows what I have to look for as of now, I have no idea what I could still do.

Thanks in advance and let me know if you need any more information.
Best Regards
Bischi

5000 is crazy high acceleration. Pull that down to 1000 or so. You won't see much loss in print time, but your quality will improve a lot.

I put it to 1000 just to test, but honestly it did not improve the print much. Maybe a bit.

As far as I understand this does not change the results in input shaper, as the graphs show a bad max accel, if I compare it to this post for example: https://forum.vorondesign.com/threads/voron-r2-350-input-shaper-result.772/post-7195

I just checked the recommendations from voron, which say about 3000 accel: https://github.com/VoronDesign/Voro...pper_configurations/M8P/Voron2_M8P_config.cfg

There must be something I am missing😅 Is there something I can look at to improve the shaper_calibrate results?

refer to this video,
from YGK3D, he did tests comparing the different Versions of Tap along side No Tap, looks like he had similar results to your graphs where Y Axis wasn't great. He also found that the plastic version had better results on the Y than the CNC version.

refer to this video,
from YGK3D, he did tests comparing the different Versions of Tap along side No Tap, looks like he had similar results to your graphs where Y Axis wasn't great. He also found that the plastic version had better results on the Y than the CNC version.
Fair point, I've seen this video, but it seems like I am still 2000 accel away from what YGK3D reached on the y axis.
Also his X axis is way better than mine across the board, which still let's me believe I did something wrong or did not yet check...

Any ideas, what I should check or what the culprit could be?

BTW, Merry Christmas to everyone and have nice holidays!

Last edited: