What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Voron Trident extruder motor stalling at specific Y-axis

g1mi

Printer Model
Voron trident
Extruder Type
Clockwork 2

Basic Information:​

Printer Model: Voron trident
MCU / Printerboard: MKS SKIPR
Host / SBC: fluidd
klippy.log

Describe your issue:​

*** The extruder is working well if the Y axis is bigger than 160 , but it starts making clicking sound inside whenever the Y is lower than 160, and I tried to move the Y by hand or throw the webUI both got the same issue.

I uploaded video of my trident under.

My trident:
size: 300, 300, 300
board: mks skipr
system: armbian with fluidd, klipper, mainsail, moonraker, z is using TAP

I’m too new to know where I can find the fixing for this , plz if there is anyone know this, help me with, thank you so much!

Welcome to the forum!

It Looks like a broken wire in the cable chain , check by the xy joint and on y cable chain, i bet you will find some that are broken or have peeled back insulation.

How old is this build? How many hours?

If it ends up being a broken cable i suggest you go canbus and ditch the cablechains

These are mine after about 1,500 hours of printing

Last edited:
just assemble last year, maybe less than 100 hours printing, thx for the suggestions, I'll look into it, hope it's a wire problem!

just assemble last year, maybe less than 100 hours printing, thx for the suggestions, I'll look into it, hope it's a wire problem!
100 hours sounds low for wiring problems, maybe internally in the motor or something.

Try extruding a large amount and wiggling cables near the toolhead and the wire chain to see if it does that sound. That should narrow it down.

Ive also seen some of these pancake motors be weak where you can make it skip by holding the pressed in gear. I don't recommend doing this test because it hurts your hand a bit but if you cant find anything else wrong with it try taking off the motor and seeing if you can stop it from turning, just use some gloves maybe.

Good luck! Hunting down electrical gremlins is not fun but they will give you a better understanding of how the printer works.