What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Complete with rebuild with Klicky in mind. Which one?

s0p

Hello people,

I plan to completely dismantle, reprint and rebuild my V0 and I would like to add a Klicky probe right from the get go.
I'm currently struggling to decide which implementation I should choose though.

SlideSwipe
or
Klicky-Probe

Are there any obvious (dis-)advantages to choose one over the other?
I checked the BOM for both and I have everything on hand, so there no need for me to source anything extra.

Can’t comment on side swipe but I have the normal Klicky.
I haven’t come across any ‘cons’ personally, doesn’t get in the way, works everytime, doesn’t affect the nevermore below it etc etc?

I use the cowling mount that’s built into the mini after sherpa. And the frame mount that’s bolted in.

Happy to answer any specific questions or provide photos if you need.

The biggest thing is probably the difference in loading/stowing the probe. The SlideSwipe using a server to "hide" the dock for the probe.
Have you noticed any problems dealing with the frame mounted solution? I've read about loss in XY area and difficulty printing with the door closed and I really want to avoid both of these issues.

I've also just noticed the KlickSwipe, which seems to be a variation of the Klicky-Probe, but also utilizing a servo for the dock.

The biggest thing is probably the difference in loading/stowing the probe. The SlideSwipe using a server to "hide" the dock for the probe.
Have you noticed any problems dealing with the frame mounted solution? I've read about loss in XY area and difficulty printing with the door closed and I really want to avoid both of these issues.

I've also just noticed the KlickSwipe, which seems to be a variation of the Klicky-Probe, but also utilizing a servo for the dock.
Klickswipe is my mash-up. It borrows heavily from SlideSwipe for the deploy mechanism but uses the standard klicky probe and modified cowling mount. It's been working great for me for a very long time.

Klickswipe is my mash-up. It borrows heavily from SlideSwipe for the deploy mechanism but uses the standard klicky probe and modified cowling mount. It's been working great for me for a very long time.
Was there anything that bothered you with the stock Klicky Probe that made you remix it?
I'm heavily leaning towards your remix now, since it's straight in the middle of both my other considerations. Do you have a picture of the servo cable and how you routed it?

Was there anything that bothered you with the stock Klicky Probe that made you remix it?
I'm heavily leaning towards your remix now, since it's straight in the middle of both my other considerations. Do you have a picture of the servo cable and how you routed it?
I was doing a lot of full 120x120 prints, and it was difficult to find a location for the probe dock that wouldn't interfere, but was still able to be consistently picked up by the toolhead. I dont have a good photo, but this is where the wire runs, inside the extrusion channel, and under the mid-panel
1668789584120.png

I was doing a lot of full 120x120 prints, and it was difficult to find a location for the probe dock that wouldn't interfere, but was still able to be consistently picked up by the toolhead. I dont have a good photo, but this is where the wire runs, inside the extrusion channel, and under the mid-panel
I see, thank you!
Do you run a Nevermore (Micro)? I presume that running the cable like that won't work with a Nevermore installed there. So, I'd have to mount it on the over side?

I see, thank you!
Do you run a Nevermore (Micro)? I presume that running the cable like that won't work with a Nevermore installed there. So, I'd have to mount it on the over side?
yeah I moved my nevermore to the other side

Hi,

Absolutely no loss of X or Y from the standard clicky, nor any issues with the door closed. Doesn’t affect the ‘stock’ printing in any way other than having a mesh for better first layers.

The other options look very good but introduce more moving parts

I haven't tested the slide swipe, but I did test the klicky and unklicky. I ended up moving to the unklicky probe, because I didn't get reliable results from the klicky probe. It is probably due to the resistance of the switch slightly bending the bed. The unklicky absolutely solved this problem and worked flawlessly ever since. you need the same toolhead mount as the klicky probe. only the probe itself changes and its mechanism.