What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

LDO Orbiter v2 Klipper config query

sanketss84

this is a klipper + LDO Orbiter v2.0 query I dont know if I should ask this here or in toolhead and extruders but since its mostly klipper config so posting here.

This is how its connected
Pi --> BTT U2C --> BTT EBB36 --> LDO Orbiter v2

[tmc2209 extruder]
uart_pin: EBBCan: PA15
interpolate: true
run_current: 0.85
hold_current: 0.100
sense_resistor: 0.110
stealthchop_threshold: 0
# driver_TBL: 0
# driver_HEND: 6
# driver_HSTRT: 7
# driver_TOFF: 4

The Orbiter v2 manual mentions to specify run current as 0.85 and hold current as 0.100
1. Isn't the run current a bit higher at 0.85 wont the pancake motor get hot , read a forum [post](https://www.teamfdm.com/forums/topic/791-klipper-config-for-orbiter-20-problems/#elControls_10889_menu) suggesting setting a value of 0.55
2. do we need to keep this setting for hold_current or can this line be commented ?

Also what are these values can I keep them commented?

driver_TBL: 0
driver_HEND: 6
driver_HSTRT: 7
driver_TOFF: 4

Last edited:
You can adjust the current a little to suit your needs. If the motor is too hot to touch, reduce the current. If you loose pushing power and the motor skips when extruding, increase the current.
If you leave the hold current it is not going to hurt anything.

So for TBL, HEND, HSTRT and TOFF they are tuning parameters. You do not HAVE to use them but they can help with noise and how smooth the motor runs.
Are these the settings recommended by LDO?

If you are interested in tuning the motor parameters yourself, let me know and I can give you that information. It can be a lot and I am not sure you want to dive into all that information when you are just building still.

You can adjust the current a little to suit your needs. If the motor is too hot to touch, reduce the current. If you loose pushing power and the motor skips when extruding, increase the current.
If you leave the hold current it is not going to hurt anything.

So for TBL, HEND, HSTRT and TOFF they are tuning parameters. You do not HAVE to use them but they can help with noise and how smooth the motor runs.
Are these the settings recommended by LDO?

If you are interested in tuning the motor parameters yourself, let me know and I can give you that information. It can be a lot and I am not sure you want to dive into all that information when you are just building still.
Will test run current values from 0.55 and see how motor temps are. I also read the orbiter page and they said the motor is such that it can withstand high temps. However I will gradually tweak this value.

Those parameters came from LDO orbiter v2 manual directly. I will comment those for now.

My current focus is to get my trident build up and running. Will later explore aspects of tweaking and tuning motors will surely reach out.