What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

My First Voron 2.4 R2 Formbot 350 X 350 X 350mm - Dragon High Flow

LoadMaster7

Hello! I have been wanting to build a Voron 2.4 for about two years now. My first choice was to self-source. I already had a number of the parts needed. I have been messing with 3D printers for many years. My first printer was an Anycubic Delta Linear Plus. I also have a number of other 3D printers. Ender 3's, Tevo Little Monster, BIQU and a number of others. I didn't have time to complete my self-source built before relocating, and I couldn't bring it with me, so, this is the reason to move onto a kit build.

Today, Nov 24, 2022, I ordered a Formbot kit. It should be coming from within the US, so it will be interesting to see how long it takes to arrive here in Florida. I will be updating this thread with build photos and maybe even videos. My intent is to give me a place to come back to to see what I have done correctly and of course, incorrectly. I hope to hear from you as well. If you see something I've done wrong, or a better way to do something, let me know.

Thanks for stopping by!

I received an email this morning stating that my Voron 2.4 kit has shipped. I requested and paid for shipment from the USA. I received a second email showing the hotend was ordered from China. I'm not real happy with the idea I paid extra for shipment from the USA to find out they are shipping parts from China. I hope this doesn't become an issue.

I've ordered kit with v6 cause of that, otherwise I was afraid I will get a kit without the hotend I need to wait a month or so to arrive from China.

I've ordered kit with v6 cause of that, otherwise I was afraid I will get a kit without the hotend I need to wait a month or so to arrive from China.
Good plan on your part. I didn't even think they might do this. Before ordering their website showed USA inventory, so I had no reason to think they would ship parts from China. Not to mention the added cost they charged.

I sent a reply to their message asking why parts are coming from other than the USA. I'll see if I receive a reply.

Word of caution about the Dragon High Flow in case you haven't seen: be *very* careful printing at slow speeds, it loves to clog. Not sure if that's just PLA, or other filaments too.
I appreciate the heads up. I have a number of hotends on hand, so if I find it has an issue, I'll swap it for another. Do you know what in the design is causing the issues? I haven't read anything, but I haven't looked. I'll do some searching. Thanks.

I just received my 3D printed parts from Simon3DPrints that is suggested from the Formbot's webpage. At a quick look they look well made and very nice. I will inventor them tomorrow and take some photos.
The attached photo shows the insert adapter for my soldering iron. It is a pretty nice set. Ordered from Amazon.Insert Tool 2.jpg

I appreciate the heads up. I have a number of hotends on hand, so if I find it has an issue, I'll swap it for another. Do you know what in the design is causing the issues? I haven't read anything, but I haven't looked. I'll do some searching. Thanks.
I believe it has trouble with heat creep at the heatbreak.

I did the same thing. I though it said on the webpage that the hotend would come from China and it wasn't really much cheaper than just ordering it from somewhere else.

I did the same thing. I though it said on the webpage that the hotend would come from China and it wasn't really much cheaper than just ordering it from somewhere else.
You are correct. In the notes on their page it states the hotend will come from China. Somehow I missed this detail. I have other hotends so if I receive the kit soon I may build with a different hotend.

I sent Formbot an email asking about the shipment from China. They responded in about 12 hours with a copy of the note on their main page showing that the hotend comes from China.

You are correct. In the notes on their page it states the hotend will come from China. Somehow I missed this detail. I have other hotends so if I receive the kit soon I may build with a different hotend.

I sent Formbot an email asking about the shipment from China. They responded in about 12 hours with a copy of the note on their main page showing that the hotend comes from China.
I bet it will still have the V6 one in the box.

Just inform us did you get v6 in the box as we are all curious. lol ;)
Btw my Formbot kit (Trident) has been shipped two days ago so I guess I'll be busy soon, will think about the Stealthburner and hotend upgrade later. And a bit mad cause I didn't order Tap kit on time while I had a chance.

Just inform us did you get v6 in the box as we are all curious. lol ;)
Btw my Formbot kit (Trident) has been shipped two days ago so I guess I'll be busy soon, will think about the Stealthburner and hotend upgrade later. And a bit mad cause I didn't order Tap kit on time while I had a chance.
I'll let you know once I receive my kit. Today I received a notice about the shipment. 1669854789411.png
I hope it isn't anything serious.

I'll let you know once I receive my kit. Today I received a notice about the shipment. View attachment 649
I hope it isn't anything serious.
I have had no update on shipment. I'm a little frustrated that I paid extra for having the kit shipped from the United States. My current take on this, over 10 days in, that they in fact shipped from China even though you pay extra for what should have been a warehouse in the US to another US location. You don't always get what you pay for and I'm thinking this is one of them.

The reason I went this way, with all of the protest going on in China, I would expect this to be affecting their shipments out of country.

My formbot kit came from the USA and was got it in a week. They shipped fedex. I ordered from formbot3d.com. I got mine in October.

My formbot kit came from the USA and was got it in a week. They shipped fedex. I ordered from formbot3d.com. I got mine in October.
Thanks for your info. Good to know it somethings works. I am anxious to get started on it. Have you completed your build? Did you find any issue with the supplied parts?

Thanks for your info. Good to know it somethings works. I am anxious to get started on it. Have you completed your build? Did you find any issue with the supplied parts?
No I won't be done for a while. I can't just build the kit I have to attempt mods too. I also have just been printing parts as I go so that takes a while.

I think the kit is great so far. The only issues with the kit are they gave me 16mm instead of 20mm screws. Also like eveone says check the rails and pick the best ones for the Y axis. I didn't and got one that was more rough feeling than the others so I ended up swapping a couple around after I had them installed already.

No I won't be done for a while. I can't just build the kit I have to attempt mods too. I also have just been printing parts as I go so that takes a while.

I think the kit is great so far. The only issues with the kit are they gave me 16mm instead of 20mm screws. Also like eveone says check the rails and pick the best ones for the Y axis. I didn't and got one that was more rough feeling than the others so I ended up swapping a couple around after I had them installed already.
Did you contact them in regards to the screws? If yes, did they provide the proper ones? I'm curious on how their customer service is. Things I should have checked out before placing an order but I failed to. Thanks for the heads-up about the rails. I'll check them all out before assembly.

I hope you build goes well.(y)