What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

My First Voron 2.4 R2 Formbot 350 X 350 X 350mm - Dragon High Flow

It comes with a Big Tree Tech Octopus controller, with TMC2209 drivers. No raspberry Pi with the kit. I had a Pi 4B on hand that I was using for Octoprint with my other printers.
Probably you also could exchange the Pi currently for gold ;P

Did you get yor motors right and already a print out of it?

Probably you also could exchange the Pi currently for gold ;P

Did you get yor motors right and already a print out of it?
I'm close, but other responsibilities are keeping me from working on it. Hopefully this evening I'll have a chance.

Yeah, it is crazy what they are charging for Pi's. I'm fortunate that I purchase a number of them about 2.5 years ago.

It's Alive! 8 days in to my build. It is up and working. Ready for the first print. However, when I send a file over, I can see it in Klipper, however, it errors with it can't open the file. Not sure why. It is right there and I can open the gcode in the editor, but the printer errors when it tries to open. Another thing to sort out tomorrow when my brain is working.View attachment 938View attachment 939
Congrats! That was fast!

My biggest challenge was configuring Klipper and getting everything talking. The printer, after a few test prints is printing and doing a fantastic job!! Smooth, fast and quiet! The printer is working on itself! It is printing parts it needs to be a fully enclosed machine. I have to say, I am very happy with the outcome and how the printer is running.

Oh, one other stupid mistake on my part, the proximity probe needs the metal print surface to trigger!! I almost drove my hotend through the bedplate. Thankfully I stopped the operation before doing any damage. 😒

My Voron 2.4 R2 is working hard to make itself! I am in love with this machine! Still need some components to finish the enclosure and improving wire placements. All in all it is running nice and very smooth. Klipper install was my biggest challenge. I learned a LOT. Here is a short video of it printing.

My Voron 2.4 R2 is working hard to make itself! I am in love with this machine! Still need some components to finish the enclosure and improving wire placements. All in all it is running nice and very smooth. Klipper install was my biggest challenge. I learned a LOT. Here is a short video of it printing.
Congratulations, looks awesome :)

Sides, and back panels installed. The top is ready to be placed, but I need to finish up wiring for the lights and feed them to the electronics compartment. I have a 12 volt supply on order that I will be adding to allow for all the LED lights I have.

I need to sort out the bed temperature. I had issues with ABS sticking to it. Measured temp with IR unit showed it to be 95° C when it was set and indicating 110° C. This will be tomorrows project.

This is a pressure advance test with PLA filament using a 0.6mm nozzle.

Pressure Advance S.jpgPressure Advance S.jpg

It looks like I have a new issue to sort out. This just started to happen. 17 - 21mm above build plate. Any ideas on what I should look for?

Print issue Voron 24R2.jpg

Maybe let the gantry slowly move up and down at the hight and see if something obstructs the movement
I went through that this morning. I could not find any issues. It is a smooth both using the steppers or power off moving by hand. I'm running another test cube with updated slicer configuration to see if it is something I missed in the slicer software. Thanks for the suggestions.

I went through that this morning. I could not find any issues. It is a smooth both using the steppers or power off moving by hand. I'm running another test cube with updated slicer configuration to see if it is something I missed in the slicer software. Thanks for the suggestions.
Keep an close eye on everything when it prints the testcube. I had Vertical Fine Artefacts and was checking everything in the belt system, just to find out that I zip-tied the A/B belt at the back -.- Probably took the a lot of lifetime out of the belts, since the motors pulled it through without any problems and still got very good prints despite some VFAs.

After much investigating,, I believe my issue was something in the slicer settings. The printer is working on a project other than for itself, first multi-print job that will last for about 24 hours of printing in 6 hour sets and it is doing a fantastic job. I'm loving this machine!

Indeed incredible machines. I settled now with SuperSlicer, not so fancy as Cura but it gives me better porints, even improved on the Kobra.

Indeed incredible machines. I settled now with SuperSlicer, not so fancy as Cura but it gives me better porints, even improved on the Kobra.
Yeah, I have tried a few other slicers, but I've been using Ultimaker Cura for about 4 years now. I know my way around it so I have a hard time switching. I may visit SuperSlicer at some point, but for now, I'll stick with what I am familiar with. Heck, it is a big jump for me to move from Marlin to Klipper. I still feel out of place with Kipper. There are things I want to do, but I am not sure with how to do them.
I haven't gotten my timelapse working yet. It might be something simple. When starting a print, the little slider selection shows it on, but nothing records. I can select "Timelapse take a frame" and it will save a single image. I haven't put in the time to figure it out.

I'm starting to gather my BOM for a Nevermore V5 XL Duo. If you have built one, anything you would do differently? How effective is it?

It warns to only use acid-free carbon. I'm not sure how you tell if the carbon is acid-free. None of the source I've looked at say.

1671896291338.png

I should receive all of my components to complete my nevermore filter system. I have finished the housing and I printed with a 0.6mm nozzle. The time savings of this slightly larger nozzle is working good for me. Very little detail loss. Here are photos of what I am currently printing. I'm changing over to the panel latch system from the fixed panel retainers.
nevermore Voron Filter S.jpgPanel Clips Printing S.jpg

Last edited: