What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

My V2 and Bamboo lab X1 Carbon

NoGuru

Trusted Advisor
I have a Bamboo lab X1 Carbon with AMS that should be delivered today. This will give me time to maybe redo some of my V2 since it is so modded, I feel like I need to take it apart and redo a lot of it. I am not sure how of when I will have time for this but it needs to be done.
Funny thing is a printed a poop bucket for the Bamboo last night and when I looked at it this morning a Z belt had broke or came loose and the gantry was sitting sidways in the chamber. I though for sure the print would have been ruined but it finished some how. My only thought was after it finished and tried to raise out of the way is when it must have happened.IMG_2061.jpg

I need to get a newer pic, I don't have drag chains anymore, I am running CAN bus, tap, sensorless homing, and Clockwork2, oh and bed fans since this pic. Probably more but I forget.

I need to get a newer pic, I don't have drag chains anymore, I am running CAN bus, tap, sensorless homing, and Clockwork2, oh and bed fans since this pic. Probably more but I forget.
I wouldn't mind seeing your current setup photos, when you have a chance. You have the updates that I plan to move to with my Voron 2.4 R2 build.

As far as the Bambu X1 Carbon, have they come up with a fix for the thermal runaway users are complaining about?

I wouldn't mind seeing your current setup photos, when you have a chance. You have the updates that I plan to move to with my Voron 2.4 R2 build.

As far as the Bambu X1 Carbon, have they come up with a fix for the thermal runaway users are complaining about?
Yeah they fixed the problem with the latest firmware. That is one thing that has impressed me with BL is they make updates and changes super fast.

I "recreated" the broken V2 scene from this morning and snapped a few pics.IMG_2570 (Small).JPG
Seems the belt came out of where it attaches to the gantry. I do have the bearing mod so this might be the issue. I won't know until I rebuilt it.
I have the Z chain under the gantry now and its just better there. Ignore the random thermistor, I have yet to mount it.

IMG_2573 (Small).JPG
Here you can see TAP and the CAN bus cooling fan. I have the SB2040 PCB and found a spot to solder the 3010 24v tiny fan to it.

IMG_2575 (Small).JPG
Here is the connecter I use. it has a nice firm connection and click to it.
No affiliate https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YFQ7DFB?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

IMG_2576 (Small).JPG
I love this panel clips.

IMG_2577 (Small).JPG

I printed this roll over on its side legs in Carbon Fiber ASA. Super nice and I use them all the time to flip the printer.

Last edited:
Yeah they fixed the problem with the latest firmware. That is one thing that has impressed me with BL is they make updates and changes super fast.

I "recreated" the broken V2 scene from this morning and snapped a few pics.View attachment 1427
Seems the belt came out of where it attaches to the gantry. I do have the bearing mod so this might be the issue. I won't know until I rebuilt it.
I have the Z chain under the gantry now and its just better there. Ignore the random thermistor, I have yet to mount it.

View attachment 1428
Here you can see TAP and the CAN bus cooling fan. I have the SB2040 PCB and found a spot to solder the 3010 24v tiny fan to it.

View attachment 1429
Here is the connecter I use. it has a nice firm connection and click to it.
No affiliate https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YFQ7DFB?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

View attachment 1430
I love this panel clips.

View attachment 1431

I printed this roll over on its side legs in Carbon Fiber ASA. Super nice and I use them all the time to flip the printer.
Nice work! Thanks for taking the time for the photos and sharing. It gives me ideas I hadn't thought of. I'm still on hold for CAN items to be delivered. In the mean time I'm going to try and put together a Pi Pico to connect with my Pi 4B with a MPU6050 3 Axis Accelerometer. I thought I ordered a AXDL345 but found I somehow clicked on the MPU6050. I hope I can make them work. I should know by tomorrow.

CAN bus has a built-in accelerometer so I have an extra one lying around. PM me your address and I will ship it to you.
I have extra CAN bus devices as well if you want one.

I knew the BL x1 was fast but I had no idea. I am blown away at the speed and quality this can do.
The V2 is BMW M3 fast, but the BL X1 is like Tesla Model S Plaid.IMG_2580 (Small).JPG

CAN bus has a built-in accelerometer so I have an extra one lying around. PM me your address and I will ship it to you.
I have extra CAN bus devices as well if you want one.

I knew the BL x1 was fast but I had no idea. I am blown away at the speed and quality this can do.
The V2 is BMW M3 fast, but the BL X1 is like Tesla Model S Plaid.View attachment 1432
Thank you for your kind offer. Let me give the MPU6050 a go first. Looking at the instructions, it should work.

I hope the Bambu Lab service you well.

Hopefully with less panel gaps!

(note: I had an S and moved to a performance 3 - but ya know, this is somewhat real)
I don't think there are any gaps and the construction is really good. Chamber temps seem low but that could be me just not doing something right ASA and ABS are printing without warping so far.

I have a 335is and I have made it faster than any OEM BMW. But man, those electrics are quick.

My Voron has been down for about a week. I ordered a Rapido UHF and the heater was bad on it out of the box. Lucky for me I ordered from Fabreeko and they are super cool. I just let them know the troubleshooting I did and they shipped out a new heater.

My current hotends I swap between a Phetus Dragon and E3Dv6 but I think with the Rapido I will be able to increase volumetric flow. I still have to figure out how to calculate that but its seems CNC kitchen has a tool setup for that I will try.

MUST get a hold of those roll-over feet!
Never paid attention to CAN bus before, but now that I see it on your setup, I want to look into it.

MUST get a hold of those roll-over feet!
Never paid attention to CAN bus before, but now that I see it on your setup, I want to look into it.
The roll over feet are a must for me but I will say they have a down side if you have the top carry handles like I do, getting the panels off you have to flex them. That being said, there is another version that are "flat" instead of rounded, but I don't know if they are better or not.

CAN bus, is amazing! I would say its not for the faint of heart but at some point a wire in your loom will fail and you will be faced with a choice.

The roll over feet are a must for me but I will say they have a down side if you have the top carry handles like I do, getting the panels off you have to flex them. That being said, there is another version that are "flat" instead of rounded, but I don't know if they are better or not.

CAN bus, is amazing! I would say its not for the faint of heart but at some point a wire in your loom will fail and you will be faced with a choice.
I'm still waiting on a few parts and working on adding an ADXL345 before attempting CAN, but it is in my future.

I have the rounded roller feet. I like the roll feet to allow access to the underside of the printer. I can remove panels without any issues, but I have the mod snap-clip panel mounts in place of the fixed, screwed in place kind.Tilt Rounded Feet Voron 24R2 2-0.jpg