What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Nevermore Micro V6, Straight vs 90dg

Adn

Hi all!

I’ve recently picked up a V0 and am looking at adding a nevermore to the enclosure to help deal with VOCs. Looking at the stls on GitHub, there are options for a 90dg cartridge and a straight cartridge. What are the considerations for choosing one over the other when working with a V0? I haven’t been able to find a Nevermore specific community to ask in 😬

-Adn

If you bottom mount it you want it to blow up, thus you need the 90 degree one.
But in a v0 you probably want to side / panel mount it. Get the straight.

Good luck getting the complicated door to print and install correctly for the V6. I haven't been successful yet. :/

My idea was that i have the intake at the coldest point (bottom) and the exhaust pointing in the chamber instead of having it blowing up against a profile.
Either way both probably work fine.

Just installed a double V6 after the fans of my V5 broke a while back.

20231016_191613.jpg

Wow, a double V6 in the little V0.2? I run a single V6 on 30% during printing, which seems to be enough? 🧐

The nice white and symmetrical inside of your printer does satisfy some OCD needs,... 😄

I have to straight version mounted, but also like your 90 degree idea!

Thanks!
Since i have the 90° version it would probably cool one side of a print more than the other side.
I didn't want that so i went symmetrical, it also looks better indeed!

Tbh i've just installed the double V6 and while the filtering is nice, i run them more to have an better chamber temperature/air circulation.
Haven't even filled them with carbon yet but first impressions are that 2x V6 @ 100% is a bit overkill for temperature.
Still have some configuration to do, perhaps with some macros.

Both of those running at 100% probably makes the tool head think it's in a wind tunnel.

It's more than enough to make klipper shutdown because of Unexpected rate of heating / Thermal protection.
Even a single V5 can do this but it's mostly the initial/first warmup of the day.

How are you all mounting the V6 in the Voron Zero? The hole at the bottom doesn't seem to have been designed to take a screw to bottom frame and that leaves the two holes either side but what if you want to mount it in the center? Print something to fill the gaps?

How are you all mounting the V6 in the Voron Zero? The hole at the bottom doesn't seem to have been designed to take a screw to bottom frame and that leaves the two holes either side but what if you want to mount it in the center? Print something to fill the gaps?

I printed this to mount to the frame

I printed the parts in the V0 folder on the github and it mounted to the part I linked to.