What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Slicing Benchy in bambu or prusa...gives 40+ minutes

geopetrides

Greetings All,
Using 0.2 layer, 0.4 nozzle, and Standard defined settings....I get print times in the slicer that are...not fast. What am I doing wrong..... more specifically how do I go about reducing time while maintaining quality? Thank you in advance

LOL, that is such a broad question. The easiest way is to reduce movement and increase acceleration.
What is the end goal or target?

LOL, that is such a broad question. The easiest way is to reduce movement and increase acceleration.
What is the end goal or target?
Thank you for your response. my end goal is to maintain the quality of a 40-minute plus Benchy print "standard default in slicer" and to reduce the timing as much as possible. other than just entertainment I have a very large over 6 ft tall project that I need to print so every speeding up that I can make on one of the components is meaningful to me . Howver I can't suffer degradation and quality. So I guess it comes to which settings should I tweak/are their profiles for "fast but equivalent quality print" TIA

Thank you for your response. my end goal is to maintain the quality of a 40-minute plus Benchy print "standard default in slicer" and to reduce the timing as much as possible. other than just entertainment I have a very large over 6 ft tall project that I need to print so every speeding up that I can make on one of the components is meaningful to me . Howver I can't suffer degradation and quality. So I guess it comes to which settings should I tweak/are their profiles for "fast but equivalent quality print" TIA
So I can tell you a nice little trick I do when I want to speed up prints. Make sure you know the volumetric flow limit of the nozzle and material you are printing. For example, I will use Orca slicer since it has this calibration built in, and set my parameters, so filament temp, and the range I want to see the flow in based on what nozzle I am testing. I did this yesterday with some PLA, and a Rapido UHF and I set the flow to start at 10/s and go up to 25/s in 5mm increments.
Then I measured the print to the best area and made my flow rate selection. Now when I start a print, I will increase the speed while watching mainsail to get close to max flow rate as possible and make an assessment on if I can go past that flow rate or stay below based on how long it hits the flow rate.

If I know I want the print to look the best, I will stay 5/s below the max just to be safe.

Can't comment on Bambu itself but I've noticed OrcaSlicer ( which is a Fork of Bambu ) adds Travel Move Time to the equation which neither Prusa nor SuperSlicer do.