What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question BOM/Sourcing guide confusion

There may be a mistake on the sourcing page for V2.4 R4 (maybe).

Sourcing calls for a SKR 1.4, BOM calls for "Controller with 7+ Stepper outputs"
A: it didn't look like the SKR 1.4 can do "7 Stepper outputs"
B: BOM statement "Controller with 7+ Stepper outputs" is succinct, but doesn't really help someone like myself, an uninitiated acolyte. Meaning: this is too vague for a newbie just wanting to build the stock 2.4.
C: At least 2 vendors use "BIGTREETECH Octopus V1.1" in their kits and is the info I was trying to find.

Thanks and Sorry! I have not learned the secret handshake yet and yes - this is a pet peeve of mine.

I have used SKR's and Octopus boards, and I would recommend the Octopus. Seems just built better to me and easy to work with the documentation.

I have used SKR's and Octopus boards, and I would recommend the Octopus. Seems just built better to me and easy to work with the documentation.
Thank you, this AM I've realized, after I found a reference to the Spider 2.2 board, I'm having trouble finding out what the options are.

The bom tells you *what* to buy. The sourcing guide helps you find it.

So since your specific bom does not mention the skr 1.4, you are not intended to buy one, regardless of the fact that its on the sourcing guide. It's there for somebody else, with a different build, who does need one (or two)