What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question Config of the Stealthburner Leds

George Velkov

Hello dear community,

I am from Bulgaria and the translation is Google.
As a complete beginner, I'm trying to learn Klipper by the method trial - error, but it doesn't always work.
In particular, I want to configure the combination of the neopixel diodes mounted in the Stealthburner head,
depending on the actions performed by the printer - Voron Trident.
They are not quite clear to me and I cannot understand the examples given
in the configuration file - stealthburner_leds.cfg that I am trying to use - how and where to put them in printer.cfg
If someone can share this part of their printer.cfg so that I can navigate the situation, I would be very grateful.
Sincerely, George

For another example, here's my GitHub: https://github.com/claudermilk/TridentBackup/blob/master/leds.cfg
There is an [include lef.cfg] in the printer.cfg file to activate this. Then to use each effect, you call the gcode_macro defined in the file within the macro you want to activate the effect. For example, when my print starts, within my PRINT_START macro, I call the LED_PRINTING macro to activate the LEDs with that effect.

HI,
Thank you very much gentlemen for the information provided.
I'm an old man and this is too complicated for me and I won't be able to handle it.
The LEDs installed in the head are 3 in number - RGBW and their configuration is correct
because according to the instruction I get Magenta color when turning on the printer.
There will still be some light :)
Otherwise, the printer prints superbly.
Thanks to the Voron community.
Greetings and stay healthy
Sincerely, George

HI,
Thank you very much gentlemen for the information provided.
I'm an old man and this is too complicated for me and I won't be able to handle it.
The LEDs installed in the head are 3 in number - RGBW and their configuration is correct
because according to the instruction I get Magenta color when turning on the printer.
There will still be some light :)
Otherwise, the printer prints superbly.
Thanks to the Voron community.
Greetings and stay healthy
Sincerely, George
Hi George, I am almost 50 years old so you are not alone. Since you are using translate I know it can be difficult.

So we can get a better understanding, are you trying to just light up the build plate or do you have RGB lights as well? Maybe share your printer.cfg with us?

Almost 50? Young whippersnapper! :p

Take your time and pick away at it as you are able. I knew nothing of Klipper or Jinja (the macro language) before I started messing with these printers. Using the examples from the led_effects github, and a bunch of iterative playing around I was able to write my LED config essentially from scratch. Learning this stuff is part of the challenge--and the fun.

Hi George, I am almost 50 years old so you are not alone. Since you are using translate I know it can be difficult.

So we can get a better understanding, are you trying to just light up the build plate or do you have RGB lights as well? Maybe share your printer.cfg with us?
HI,
Thanks for your message and support.
Actually, I haven't really given up, I just felt uncomfortable engaging people with my issues
With time, I hope to make sense of things and to do it despite my 77 years :) But of course there is always a first time.
I have an ERCF v.2 already made and want to print in color and that was the idea to build Voron Trident.
So that the light does not affect the print, I only have white LEDs installed in the box, which are on or off.
I only want to manage the three neopixels that are embedded in the head of Stealthburner.
But no matter what I did it either had no effect or Klipper didn't like something and gave an errors.
The interesting thing is that all the manually controlled macros found in the mainsail dashboard work flawlessly
and the LEDs are switched in the specified combinations.
I hope the config files of the printer and LEDs will be useful, as the comments have been translated into BG.
- Printer Voron Trident - 250
- MB - BTT SKR 1.3 + additional driver for the 6th motor. UART management
- Raspberry pi 3+
- Stealthburner with three neopixel diodes without CAN buses
- Step motor drivers A4988 for tests.On TMC2209 finalization
- Z endstop - TAP optical sensor
- Control via PC - wifi
Best regards
Sincerely, George

NoGuru said:

Attachments

• printer.txt
    24.2 KB · Views: 13
  • stealthburner_leds.txt
    13 KB · Views: 15
  • Dashboard macros.jpg
    Dashboard macros.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 7
Almost 50? Young whippersnapper! :p

Take your time and pick away at it as you are able. I knew nothing of Klipper or Jinja (the macro language) before I started messing with these printers. Using the examples from the led_effects github, and a bunch of iterative playing around I was able to write my LED config essentially from scratch. Learning this stuff is part of the challenge--and the fun.
I agree, and it's probably true if you're younger

Made some comments below in bold. Other then that I don't see an issue. You have the include pointing to the steathburner_led.cfg

[neopixel sb_leds]
pin: P1.22 #'enter_your_led_data_pin_name'
# Щифтът, свързан с неопиксела. Този параметър трябва да бъде предоставен.
chain_count: 3 # If you have rainbow barf you need to account for all the leds so 10 in the chain
# Броят Neopixel чипове, които са "верижно свързани" към предоставения щифт. По подразбиране е 1
# (което показва че само единичен Neopixel е свързан към щифта).
color_order: RGBW # Make sure this is what you have vs a different order.
# Задайте реда на пикселите, изисквани от LED хардуера. Опциите са GRB, RGB, GRBW или RGBW. По подразбиране е GRB.
initial_RED: 0.0
initial_GREEN: 0.0
initial_BLUE: 0.0
initial_WHITE: 0.0
# Задава първоначалния LED цвят на Neopixel. Всяка стойност трябва да бъде
# между 0,0 и 1,0. Опцията WHITE е достъпна само за RGBW
# светодиоди. Стандартната стойност за всеки цвят е 0.
# Повечето конфигурации за макросите могат да бъдат направени чрез модифициране на променливите в макроса _sb_vars
# в началото на този файл.

1. I only have 3 LEDs installed. With default option 1, Klipper gives an error
2. The mounted LEDs are exactly RGBW / have a yellow tick/ when the printer is turned on
they give Magenta color as per the instructions

Attachments

• stealthburner_leds.txt
    10 KB · Views: 10
OK, right off the bat I see this:
Code:
[neopixel sb_leds]
pin: 'enter_your_led_data_pin_name'
You need to replace 'enter_your_led_data_pin_name' with the actual pin the LEDs are connected to on your controller board. It looks like @NoGuru showed you a pin in his post: P1.22 Try updating your config with that.

OK, right off the bat I see this:
Code:
[neopixel sb_leds]
You need to replace 'enter_your_led_data_pin_name' with the actual pin the LEDs are connected to on your controller board. It looks like @NoGuru showed you a pin in his post: P1.22 Try updating your config with that.
HI,
The problem is that I cannot update the configuration file.
I don't know where, what and how to write in print.cfg.
I tried different options but either they don't work or Clipper gives an error.
Please tell me how, where and what to write in print.cfg, for example: When printing starts, the two LEDs on the nozzle should light up white and the logo should be green.
Greetings George

See below for where the printer.cfg file can be found.

Example klipper files:

For my 1st voron / klipper machine, I found the default printer.cfg that matched my main board and machine, then tweaked the file as I stepped through the "Voron Startup Guide"

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-05 010929.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-05 010929.png
    84.8 KB · Views: 6
See below for where the printer.cfg file can be found.

Example klipper files:

For my 1st voron / klipper machine, I found the default printer.cfg that matched my main board and machine, then tweaked the file as I stepped through the "Voron Startup Guide"
Hi Sandman50,
Thanks for the info, but maybe you didn't understand me correctly or what the problem was.
I've gone through all the Voron Design guides setting up the printer step by step.
The printer now works and prints perfectly, for which I am grateful to its creators.
The only thing I could not deal with was the configuration of the three neopixel diodes that are installed in the
the head of the Stealthburner so that the combination of the light of these diodes corresponds to the actions it performs
the printer at a given time.
I'm trying to use this config file /stealthburner_leds/ but I don't know where, how and what to type,in printer.cfg so Clipper can read and manage them.
I don't have a TFT screen installed and the printer is controlled by a computer via WIFI. When I manually use the blue ones
buttons in the "Macros" section of the screen, the lights are controlled, but I wish Klipper would take over that function :)
Can't believe 175 people have looked at this thread and none of them are using a Stealthburne printhead with TAP and
mounted neopixel diodes
Greetings
Sincerely, George

Attachments

• stealthburner_leds.txt
    10 KB · Views: 3
George, I think the problem is we are not understanding what you mean when you say you cannot write in the Printer.cfg file.
As Sandman50 pointed out, click on Machine, then the printer.cfg file.
This is where you put your configuration needed. By clicking on the printer.cfg file it opens in an online text editor that allows you to make changes. Make sure you click on the save and restart in the upper right hand corner after you make the changes.
1709641676630.png

Upload the "stealthburner_leds.cfg" cfg to your printer.

Then, edit this line

Code:
[neopixel sb_leds]

to have the pin number for the header you connected the leds.

Then add:

Code:
[include stealthburner_leds.cfg]

to the main printer.cfg file (normally at the top)

Then "save and restart"

Hello everyone,
I'm really sorry, but we seem to be completely missing each other. I understand everything you're suggesting, and it's been done. Probably something's not right with Google Translate.
Now I'll use artificial intelligence for translation.:)
Here's what you, who know, need to do.
What I can't do is write the macros and put them in the right place in my printer configuration for them to work.
I've configured the non-pixel LEDs in StealthBurner LEDs config like this:

[neopixel sb_leds]
pin: P1.22 # EXP-1 SKR 1.3. Neopixel is connected to the pin
chain_count: 3 # For single Logo LED
color_order: RGBW, RGBW, RGBW # Set the pixel order required by the LED hardware.
initial_RED: 0.0
initial_GREEN: 0.0 # Sets the initial LED color of the Neopixel. Each value should be
initial_BLUE: 0.0 # between 0.0 and 1.0. The WHITE option is only available on RGBW LEDs.
initial_WHITE: 0.0 # The default for each color is 0.#

You will need to write Мacros for setting the status leds on the Voron StealthBurner toolhead
#=========================
# MACROS
#=========================

№ The following status macros are available:
# STATUS_OFF ; All off
# STATUS_READY ; White logo and red nozzle
# STATUS_BUSY ; Red logo and white nozzle
# STATUS_HEATING ; Yellow logo and nozzle
# STATUS_LEVELING ; Pink logo and white nozzle
# STATUS_HOMING ; Cyan logo and white nozzle
# STATUS_CLEANING ; Blue logo and white nozzle
# STATUS_MESHING ; Green logo and white nozzle
# STATUS_CALIBRATING_Z ; Magenta logo and white nozzle
# STATUS_PRINTING ; Red logo and white nozzle,
# With additional macros for direct control:
# SET_NOZZLE_LEDS_ON
# SET_NOZZLE_LEDS_OFF
# SET_LOGO_LEDS_OFF
#
# You will need to add the status macros into your configuration before the matching command
#
# Example:
# [gcode_macro print_start]
# gcode:
# STATUS_HOMING
# G28
# STATUS_HEATING
# M140 S{bed_temp}
# M104 S{e0_temp}
# ...
# STATUS_PRINTING
#
# Most of the configuration for the macros can be done by modifying the variables in the _sb_vars macro
# See stealthburner_leds.cfg

Sincerely, George
73! LZ1GBY

Attachments

• stealthburner_leds.txt
    10 KB · Views: 3
I have reviewed your config over and over and it looks correct. The only thing I would say is maybe it's hardware.